Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21FE - March 18th Update

(Topic created on: 19-03-2024 08:17 AM)
JamesDalton1969
Apprentice
Options

After the update the phone struggled for 10min to complete whatever it was doing, it is now so slow everything takes ages to open, how to do I go back to the previous OS, this has completely "F884D" my phone up, what a rubbish update, dont they test this shirt before deploying it

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
It might of been struggling with the optimisation of its apps. Can you try wiping the cache partition?

Plug into a working PC/Laptop or other working device.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/

Also head over to the Galaxy store and download Good Guardians and install the Galaxy App Booster module. This will help keep all your apps optimised and help keep your device running smoothly.
Mrclius
Pioneer
Options
Try clearing the catche partition.
If you don't know how here's how you do it....
Turn off your phone. Using USB cable connecting to your laptop... Press volume up and power button together. Once the Samsung logo shows up release the power button but keep the volume up button depressed until you get into the recovery menu. In recovery menu using volume up and down buttons scroll down to format catche partition. Confirm with power button, choose yes (to format catche partition) confirm with power button. Once completed choose reboot to restart your phone.

I hope this helps.
0 Likes
JamesDalton1969
Apprentice
Options

Clearing cache does nothing, the phone is still laggy, opening apps is at least 3 seconds slower than before

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@JamesDalton1969 Additionally you can also Repair apps  via the Recovery Menu which can also help as well as the  the Galaxy Apps Booster.

However if issue persist it would be advisable to Factory Reset,  even though accept that a number like to avoid this if possible and is not the first choice. Obviously ensure Data is backed up before performing this step.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

JamesDalton1969
Apprentice
Options

I will try the apps booster, but a factory reset it not an option, I don't have another phone to copy all my apps over to and almost everything is on the phone, MFA, Banking, if you send me a phone happy to send you mine

0 Likes
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
You might not need another phone to copy all your data to. Goto settings>general management >reset. Do you see the "temporary cloud backup" option?
0 Likes
JamesDalton1969
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for your help, i will hand this phone in as a swap out for an Honor Magic Pro 5, seems they have less problems with updates

Thanks for your help and advice even if it didnt help

0 Likes