Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Phone Call issues

(Topic created on: 04-12-2023 04:57 PM)
Chris4820
Apprentice
Options

I have looked for hours online and can't find a reasonable answer. To listen to music or watch videos, I have no problems and no problems reading emails or doing anything online. But, when I am on the phone talking with someone, they tell me I keep cutting in and out and sometimes they say there is some crackling or static noise. I thought it was my earbuds but it still does it without them. I reset my network. I have all of the software updates available. I turned off my phone and back on. I spoke with my carrier and they sent a signal to test my phone. They were the ones who suggested I reset my network. But, it still has these issues. Can anyone please offer advice? Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
Piper123
Maestro
Options
Hey there Chris4820

What is your network signal like in your area?

A SIM swap may help.

Also maybe try another SIM from another network in the device to see if it is your network or the device that is causing the issues.

The S21 Ultra, whilst a good device on many ways, is notorious for awful network connectivity. The modem and other internals were very poor. I talk from experience, I had two of the bloody things and sent them both back for refund.

There is also a lot online about this issue but Samsung refused to acknowledge the issue publicly.
Motty2012
Pathfinder
Options
I had a similar issue that was down to a corroded port where the mic sits. Swapped and was fine. If your issue is not present with headphones or on speakerphone it could be this.
0 Likes
Chris4820
Apprentice
Options

Thank you. I have Mint Mobile and was in an online help chat for over an hour and they weren't able to fix it. My phone also notifies me on start up (when restarting my phone) that the SIM1 card is not Verizon (my previous carrier). Mint Mobile is supposed to have someone contact me to try to resolve the issue.

0 Likes
Chris4820
Apprentice
Options

Thank you but it does it with or without ear buds. I thought maybe the issue was with the ear buds but then it still did it when I switched during the call from Bluetooth to phone only. Thank you for the suggestion though!

0 Likes
Chris4820
Apprentice
Options

According to Mint Mobile, my network signal is strong in my area. They are refusing to send me a new SIM card to see if that is the problem. I took it to the Geek Squad at Best Buy and they ran a diagnostics test and everything appeared fine. I have to back up my info/data tonight and then go back tomorrow for them to do a factory reset with a new "program". I'm not sure if "program" is the right word though. They said if I do the factory reset, then it will reset my phone with my current software. If they reset it, it will install a new software or program. Again, not sure of the correct term. Fingers crossed that works because people are getting mad at me on the phone as if it's my fault that I suddenly sound like a robot or nothing at all.

0 Likes
Liam2020
First Poster
Options
Hi Chris4820, did you do the factory reset and did it work for you? I'm also having the same issues with the s21 ultra. Cheers Liam
0 Likes
Chris4820
Apprentice
Options

I did a factory reset and it didn't help. I spent hours (about 3 or 4 total) talking with Mint Mobile. Their info says I have great wifi in my area. I finally spoke with someone there who was able to help. I had my wifi calling "on" in my phone but I didn't have it "on" in the Mint Mobile app. That seemed to do the trick and then it started happening again. Seemed to start right around the time Verizon bought Mint Mobile. My house is concrete block so I bought a signal booster antenna. I haven't installed it yet because I had surgery and can't do it. A friend is going to help me. Fingers crossed it helps. My phone only really has problems when inside my home but I have had this S21 Ultra for 3 years and it was fine until Verizon bought MM. I'll update after I get the antenna up.

0 Likes