Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 ultra black screen of death

(Topic created on: 4 weeks ago)
WelderNick
Apprentice
Options
Has anyone had this problem, tried force restarting with no luck, fully charged the phone with no joy. Will a new screen sort the problem or is it something else. 
Thanks in advance 
Nick
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
A1ecc
Explorer
Options
Would you be able to give a bit of context as to what happened prior?
0 Likes
WelderNick
Apprentice
Options
Just scrolling through insta and the screen went black and wouldn't light back up, it would do everything like play music, videos , make phone calls answer phone calls. The phone has never been dropped and is in perfect condition apart from the black screen
A1ecc
Explorer
Options
You might want to try holding the volume down and power button for 7 - 10 seconds to try to restart the phone, and check to see if this helps
0 Likes
A1ecc
Explorer
Options
I'm aware that not long ago there was an issue on instagram where some images would contain colours the phone screen would be unable to produce, resulting in the screen malfunctioning, however I do believe this was supposed to be fixed, but do give it a try to check if the restart seems to work
0 Likes
WelderNick
Apprentice
Options
Already tried that pal lots of times, but nothing
0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
How did you write this post then if your screen is black. Probably needs looking at or the phone has died altogether, my S8+ did that, I had dropped it a few months earlier on.
0 Likes
WelderNick
Apprentice
Options
S9+
0 Likes
Robin999
Maestro
Options
Hi, is there any chance you can plug the phone into a working PC or laptop? May or may not wake up the screen, but worth a try. Some reports say the screen suddenly comes back to life after a few days, so maybe leave it for a while and re check. Good luck.
0 Likes
WelderNick
Apprentice
Options
Thanks, thats something I haven't tried as yet, I'll give it a go when I get home
0 Likes