Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21+ or S21 Ultra?

(Topic created on: 07-07-2023 03:08 PM)
JuanTed
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have or had an S20 for a couple of years, but I need a new phone. I'm looking at the S21s and doing some research I've seen that I should get a Snapdragon one!

The 21+ I've seen has a 888 processor but for £20 more I can get an ultra, but it has the Exynos 2100. Both are refurbished phones. 

Which would you buy ?

Thanks 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
For me, I'd personally go with the S21 Ultra
Mainly as you get the zoom camera and a few more features.
Both will be larger phones anyway
Be careful where you are getting the phones and due diligence with regards refurbishment.
If it's a reputable company, they should provide a warranty.

If you decide on the snapdragon one. Just make sure you look to see if it covers your network provider bands.

It's likely if the phone is imported, Samsung Pay probably won't work.

But really both phones are really good, and whichever you decide on, I'm sure you will be happy
sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
I owned s21 plus it was fab I now chose s23 base model but preference really

Whichever u feel best go with what u like
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I would go for the Ultra. I slipped up with the S21+ as I had the S20+ which was an amazing phone with most of the features from the Ultra such as cameras etc whereas it didn't happen with the S21 which I bought without properly researching first. Don't get me wrong the S21+ is a good phone but not as feature packed as mid range models from other releases. I would recommend the Ultra as the S21 Ultra is a great feature packed phone. I understand the waryness of the Exynos but I think it is a bit misplaced due to how awful the particular version was in the S22 when first released for a lot of people but I think most problems were due to 2 different chips in the same model S22 series which made compatibility glitches in firmware hard to resolve. Whereas I'm not aware of such significant issues in the S21 series or if there were early on they seem to have been resolved. But for better functions, screen and cameras etc I would go for the Ultra model. I bought my partner an S21+ and she has had no issues with her phone just a bit disappointed re lack of expected functions but nevertheless still a good phone
0 Likes
Rajsahab
Helping Hand
Options
s23plus would be best choice
0 Likes