Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 FE network connectivity issues after update.

(Topic created on: 27-11-2023 05:19 AM)
akhil47
Apprentice
Options

Ever since the last security update my phone had been having connectively issues. Calling and SMS is fine, its just data where the internet stops for a minute before working again. This happens with my other SIM cards too. I am not able to sustain 5G connection too, which wasn't the case before the update. I tried network reset and tried a factory reset and all the trouble which comes with it and still no luck. This started happening during an update I got on earlier November and I got another update yesterday (26th Nov security update for Nov) but that also didn't seem to fix it. Does anyone else have this trouble and could anyone help me with it? Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

As a troubleshooting step can you try your sim card in another phone and then see what happens in regards to connection @akhil47 

This is to rule out your sim card and or network. 

Also try another sim card in your phone. Perhaps a pay as you go / pre pay sim card kr a family members , friends or colleagues. 

Thus is to rule out the phone as the possible issue. 

You can also run the diagnostic tool found in your Samsung Members App. 

A Samsung Service Centre can assess your phone. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
akhil47
Apprentice
Options

Thank for the reply. 

I can guarantee that it is not a sim card issue. The same sim card works perfectly in my old phone and it's not a carrier issues as I have tested other carriers too. 

I also tested the diagnostic tool and it read everything as "normal". 

My concern is that I have read a fair bit of S21 series phone having similar if not the exact same issues from this and other forums and none of them seemed to reach a solution. 

akhil47
Apprentice
Options

One thing I have found out is that the issue is only there when I have both my sims on. I tried with just one sim and the connectivity issue was solved. I have tried all sorts of configurations like using only Slot 1 and Slot 2, exchanging the dual sims slot etc. Regardless of the slot its in, data only works if there is one sim present. 

BeginEnd
First Poster
Options

The same issue here with my S21 5G. Internet data connectivity randomly lost when using 5G. If I force to disable 5G the it works fine whole days. I also spotted that when data connectivity is lost I see normal signal strength but there are no GSM operators found by the phone (and there are at least 4 of them in my current location). I doubt that the BTS is malfunctioning as it happens in various places - in some often than in other.

As @akhil47 I have two simcards in my phone. Data SIM is at second slot.

I'm experiencing this from July when have I activated 5G plan.

Looks like there is no pattern I can find. It happens randomly, last 2-5 minutes and connectivity is back again. It's quite annoying when it happen during you call.

Also I asked my cousin (different Samsung phone but also with 5G, single SIM card) and she also experiencing this. Looks like it's not S21 tight but 5G support related.

@BandOfBrothers I don't know if you are Samsung support or not but would be great if someone from Samsung support take care of this more seriously rather than giving advice to "factory reset the phone the let me know if it helped".

akhil47
Apprentice
Options

Seems its different issue but all related to connectivity. As for me, I took my other sim my old phone and now the internet works fine on my Samsung, even 5g connectivity and regardless if I use my non 5g sim or my 5g sim the connectivity issue is present when its dual sim and goes away when there is only 1 sim. Which is pretty annoying as both my sims are different tasks. And till now any type of support has been nothing but just factory reset or network reset. Clearly this is a deeper issue Samsung has no idea how to solve and just turned a blind eye because not a large population is effected. 

0 Likes
Shubhrajit
Student
Options

I have same issue...visited service centre changed the Sub PSB ...still not resolved.  Device is s21 fe sd888

0 Likes
TonySpoons
Student
Options
I've been having issues whereby if my connection type changes (from data to WiFi for example) or I lose signal before regaining it, my phone flat out refuses to load any internet based information (be it a website, YouTube music, Instagram, whatever...) Only way to resolve it is to force close the affected app, engage airplane mode, disable airplane mode and then reopen the app. Has only been happening since the above security update.
0 Likes
Salar2310
First Poster
Options

Exactly, the same thing has been happening with me after One Ui 6 update. I play pubg and the game suddenly stops for a min or two. I change the Internet from Sim1 to Sim2 and it works fine again. When it stops in Sim2, I change it back to Sim1 again. I've Even observed it during watching Youtube and Insta reels.. not aure what the solution to this is.. 

0 Likes
Paresh S21 FE
First Poster
Options

I have bought S21 FE few months a go, facing Same issue, 

0 Likes