Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 FE just turns off when in use

(Topic created on: 23-09-2023 05:22 AM)
rudgiesoo
Apprentice
Options

So my S21 FE just dies the most when I try to play games on it or use my camera to take multiple photos or videos. It also does that when I unwittingly open many more apps than usual. This started when I played Diablo Immortal while it was downloading maps in the background (it was unplugged, mind you. I was lying down having a blast) then it died like wth. Afterward, it kept happening and I can't precisely pinpoint the problem if it's truly a hardware problem (storage or ram or battery or CPU) or a software problem (software updates, corrupted files that are stuck, idk goodness gracious). I already did a factory reset and did multiple clearing of the cache in safe mode and it still happens. But I did remember after a factory reset without downloading new Samsung updates that I got to play a bit and it didn't die. But I'm pretty sure it would if I played more. I just don't know man. I might never buy another Samsung flagship after this.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Go onto members app, click diagnostic and check the battery. If it says good then your OK if it says bad or poor then it's the battery shutting down the phone. Just thought I would eliminate this first
0 Likes
rudgiesoo
Apprentice
Options

It says it's fine. I've set the 85% limit too. I think there's another thing I forgot that when I'm charging it sometimes dies out of the blue, too. So if that's the case, it MAY be the battery. Still not sure. This problem has never happened with my cheaper phones. Expensive-a$$ products that are so fragile lol

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Yea if ifs within the warranty samsung will sort it for you. Yea flagships don't last as long as there is so much more going on and more power being pumped into them but most should last 3 years so your probably just been unlucky. Remember phone makers make billions of phones so you will get some duds and most of them come to me. Still waiting for my ultra to give me grief been 4 months and nothing so I may be lucky on this one 😂
0 Likes
rudgiesoo
Apprentice
Options

I saw another post about the same problem. This has been a common problem for the S21 FEs, especially after updates and the like. That person got a response from Samsung themselves trying to help. I hope I can get Samsung's blessing to have them repair my S21 FE, too.

So, hello, Samsung customer service! Helllllooooo, I'm calling out to you.

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Is it less than 2 years old? If so they should sort. You may or may not get help from samsung here as this is mainly customer based with moderators occasionally checking stuff so you best bet is get on the phone to them and they will sort a repair. My s21 screen fell into the phone. Sent for repair and within 2 days was told its irreparable so they gave me the option of a brand new replacement or my money back. And bearing in mind the phone was like a year old
0 Likes
rudgiesoo
Apprentice
Options

It's actually just 6 months old. It happened maybe a month into using it. Lmao. I'm taking it to a service center and I'll see what the hell will happen. If the outcome is bad, I'll be swearing to myself to never buy a Samsung phone again

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
That's it, it's all about the service you receive.
0 Likes
rudgiesoo
Apprentice
Options

My outcome at the service center is bad. Never buying a Galaxy phone again lmao. Thank you all for the replies

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
No surprises there then I have heard horrible stories. I was lucky a few years ago. Do you mind telling me what happened?
0 Likes