Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 camera rattle / smell when charging

(Topic created on: 31-01-2021 12:12 AM)
eljefe90
Explorer
Options

Received s21 ultra exynos 3 days ago and noticed on the second day of use a rattle coming from the camera after a quick search on previous devices it comes up with a answer of optical image stabizer just want to know if this is normal as its quite  annoying on a phone that cost over £1000

Also when first switched on a smell of plastic/burning came from device then cleared and only comes back at first time of charging ? Any others with this issue ? Thanks in advance 

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
it's got a moving camera sensor, so the rattle will be normal.
Have you removed all the plactic coverings from the phone? maybe that's the smell.
Thekidman96
Navigator
Options
The rattle is normal my friend, don't fear.
Burning smell? keep an eye on that.
Bradleigh
Voyager
Options
Yes rattle is normal, & only smell I noticed was taking the covers off camera lens and rear and front fresh out the box.. it was a toxic plastic smell yes, i agree but not while charging
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Hi,
Best advice i will give contact samsung regarding the smell when charging ur phone. They can replace ur phone. This doesn't sound right and we wouldn't want anything to explode.
eljefe90
Explorer
Options

Thank you for confirming the camera and yes all plastic removed and still present at charge now since posting this a work colleague received his today and has the same smell 

0 Likes
eljefe90
Explorer
Options

Thank you observer for letting  know about the rattle observer!! A friend of mine received the same device and has the same smell maybe because the device is bran new thanks!!

eljefe90
Explorer
Options

Thank you Bradleigh  it possibly is the same smell just returns at charge I have not got any overheating issues so made me abit concerned 

0 Likes
eljefe90
Explorer
Options

Thank you yes I have contacted Samsung and they're liason team will ring me today and I shall update thank you 

Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
welcome, hope they can replace the phone for u.
0 Likes