Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 Ultra freezing / restarting after Android 12

(Topic created on: 06-01-2022 10:24 AM)
CJO101
Explorer
Options
I participated in the Beta testing where this was an issue which was supposed to have been resolved with the official release. Anyone else having this? 
11 REPLIES 11
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Stupid question but have you cleared system cache after the update?
0 Likes
CJO101
Explorer
Options
Yeah sure have still happens, same as when in Beta when sliding the top menu down and swiping through the options etc screen freezes and then phone restarts automatically, hoppens around 4 times a day. I can't be the only one this was a widely documented issue during Beta.
CJO101
Explorer
Options
Eevrytime Screenshot_20220106-102317_Samsung Members_23298_1641464597.jpg
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
0 Likes
Midge123
Voyager
Options
Hi I have the s20 ultra and I was on the beta program and I don't have that problem I have never cleaned the cache even after the updates I am in the UK and phone unlocked from Samsung I hope you get the problem fixed soon
CJO101
Explorer
Options
Full reset appears to have resolved the issue, thank you everyone. Let the pain of logging in to everything again being 😩
Fareynuff
Student
Options

I'm having exactly the same issue you describe on my s20 5g. Never had any issues until the Android 12 update.

CJO101
Explorer
Options
Had to full reset the device and itt appears to have resolved it. All day I been logging into apps and resetting passwords etc 😩
0 Likes
DMXOnline
First Poster
Options

OK, i had the same isue, but for me worked a better solution....made the phone to boot in safe mode, then waited a time the update to build it self in os, then restarted and now it works, without hard reset