Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10 - Certain Apps Load EXTREMELY Slow Over Wi-Fi

(Topic created on: 22-04-2023 06:41 PM)
MrBriggs500
Student
Options

Hello, I have a Samsung Galaxy S10 and as of yesterday, certain apps over Wi-Fi are not loading and displaying full content. For example, I open the Fandango app and it takes ages for the thumbnails of the movies to load. On Twitch, the thumbnails do not load over my Wi-Fi. Even refreshing the weather widget to check the temperature takes like 2 minutes to execute.

Changing my phone's IP settings from DHCP to Static seems to resolve the issue, but I am curious as to why this problem suddenly popped up. Other devices I own, including non-Samsung devices such as an iPhone, have zero problems accessing the same app over my Wi-Fi. I've connected my S10 to other Wi-Fi connections and the app loading problem does not occur. I am thinking it's my device and not my Wi-Fi. But I am open to any and all insight. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
PaulM1
Options

Hi there, @MrBriggs500. I appreciate you taking the time to post this. It's puzzling that some of your apps are loading more slowly on your own Wi-Fi connection, and this does not seem to be evident when using another device with the same connection or indeed when connecting your S10 to a different Wi-Fi.

At this stage, I'd recommend having a look at the thread below and seeing if the suggestions provided help you get to the bottom of this:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/s21-slow-loading-apps-on-wifi/td-p/3901580

Please let me know how you get on with this.

0 Likes
MrBriggs500
Student
Options

Hey Paul, thank you for the response. Unfortunately, the methods suggested in the forum post you linked, don't work for me. I am beginning to think this has something to do more with my S10 than the Wi-Fi, especially if other devices have no problems accessing the same apps on the same connection. So bizarre and I'm dumbfounded as to what's the root of the problem for the extremely slow loading of certain apps and doing basic actions such as refreshing the weather widget. I've consulted with Spectrum and gone through all the possible remedies. 

0 Likes
Josh Rothfus
Student
Options

I am experiencing the exact same problem on the same device with the same wifi provider. 

If I use 5G or a different wifi everything works fine. But my wifi with certain app doesn't work. Ones I've noticed are the weather app and audible. 

0 Likes