Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovery mode not working

(Topic created on: 04-01-2024 11:20 AM)
Verpz
First Poster
Options

Hi Guys, I seriously am in a desperate situation regarding my S21 Ultra. Apparently I forgot my screen lock password, I am currently locked out. SMARTTHINGS find decided to no longer being SMART, Remote unlock is no longer available, Erase Data is not working (I can ring my phone through SMARTTHINGS). Google Find My Device, also doesn't allow me to erase the device, but to worsen the situation, it looks like recovery mode is not working as well.

Power + Volume UP with it being plugged to PC/Laptop/Another Android Device/Type C headset also doesn't work. 

I have read almost every possible way to load recovery mode, watch countless of youtube videos, but doesn't seem to work. I am pretty sure I am doing the right combinations but it seems I am still missing something

Any suggestions?

Btw, adb recovery looks like is impossible cause im locked out, cannot enable usb debugging

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
AndrewL
Options

@Verpz: I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue with your Galaxy S21 Ultra. Did you make sure to power off your device prior to your attempt to access Recovery mode? With your device connected to a PC/laptop via USB cable, Recovery mode should be accessible by pressing and holding the Volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously until the device powers on, and the Recovery mode menu is displayed. If the problem persists, then please head to samsung.com > Scroll to the bottom of the screen > Contact us, and get in touch with our Support Team via your preferred contact method, and an advisor can arrange for an engineer to unlock the device for you. Please be aware that proof of purchase/proof of ownership will be required, as your query relates to a security feature on the device. I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you.