Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"moisture detected" for a week, now popping up alarm even when no cable connected.

(Topic created on: 13-11-2023 03:45 PM)
Jlowe
Apprentice
Options

I've been getting "moisture detected" on my s21 5g for a week. Phone never got wet, cool and dry here.

NOW it's popping up the alarm every few minutes even without a cable plugged into it "remove cable" with alarm sound. This may coincide with latest update, not sure.

I've done:

clear USB cache

clear all system cache from bootloader

clean usb port with isopropyl alcohol

"stop" android system app (doesn't seem to actually stop, droplet icon doesn't go away)

reboot, safe mode doesn't help

Any ideas aside from buy a new phone? I've always been a samsung guy, but if it's just going to break itself out of the blue, it will NOT be another samsung device.

Currently trying to download anything I can think of (over phone link since I can't  plug in a cable) in order to do a full system reset, which is a total pain to set everything back UP again...

any advice appreciated. nearest "service point" is apparently "over 300km from you", won't show any on the samsung service map at all.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You would have to wireless charge it until it sorts itself out .

It's painfully slow but mine sorted itself out .

You can look at my posts under my profile.

I went bonkers as well.
Motty2012
Pathfinder
Options
I've got a S21 ultra. Had it almost 3 years. About a year in had something similar plus microphone on normal phone calls was knackered. They replaced the charging port which included the mic and that sorted it. The tech said there was a known fault with that piece of hardware. It corrodes.
0 Likes
Flintstone
Voyager
Options

Maybe there is something in the usb port, try shaking it out or (2nd option) try cleaning the port with a real pine needle or plastic tooth pick (NO METAL)
0 Likes
Jlowe
Apprentice
Options

Hahah. appreciate you recognizing the going bonkers. Yah, i'm overly frustrated for sure. screen is acting wanky now too, likely from my judicious use of iso alcohol... will struggle to let me type (such as my work password to stay logged in) or swipe to unlock to shut down.

I'll make it to evening (work is all that really matters on the phone), then pull sim overnight to let it dry, revisit tomorrow.

Will look up your post as well. Thanks for responding :smiling-face:

Jlowe
Apprentice
Options

activity feed only lets me see your posts back 11 hours lol. ah well.

0 Likes
Jlowe
Apprentice
Options

Thanks, yah, i have 2 different tiny cleaning pad thingies on the way from amazon to clean this out. Methods I've tried so far cleaning it haven't done anything including a microfiber wrapped needle. figure I could handle having some tiny swabs around for... something... anyway :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Flintstone
Voyager
Options
Maybe simpler to go to a xmas tree break off one neede and use that one :smiling-face:
0 Likes
Domesticated
Apprentice
Options
It is frustrating. Try this video on YouTube. Hope it works
https://youtu.be/lf3U3olvTwQ
0 Likes