Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROBLEMS WITH SMART VIEW

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
I have a Samsung Galaxy S10 which has Smart View Icon on the drop down menu And I have successfully Watched From my S10 mobile phone I have watched apps on my television using smart view. But over the last few days every time I click on Smart View on my Galaxy S10 it will not stay on does anyone have any ideas why this is happening please? Thank you
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Bev54: When you tap on Smart View, does your TV appear in the list of available devices? If so, for clarity, does Smart View drop the connection after selecting your TV? As Wi-Fi is required to utilise Smart View, please try resetting your router, along with your phone and TV, to see if this helps. In your TV's case, power it off, unplug it at the wall for 30 seconds, then plug it back in and power back on using the remote. 

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Bev54: When you tap on Smart View, does your TV appear in the list of available devices? If so, for clarity, does Smart View drop the connection after selecting your TV? As Wi-Fi is required to utilise Smart View, please try resetting your router, along with your phone and TV, to see if this helps. In your TV's case, power it off, unplug it at the wall for 30 seconds, then plug it back in and power back on using the remote. 

Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
@AndrewL when i have used smart view frequently and the last time i used it was last Thursday 1 week ago and when I press the smart view icon from my drop down menu it shows my television and others around me, but since then it does not bring my television up, only one other television ( which is not mine) but when i pull the drop down menu down to see if smart view is still on it is always off, smart view will not stay on and i have never had this problem before.
I use my mobile data and mobile hotshot on one of my other Samsung mobile phones and then turn on WiFi on my galaxy s10 and then put smart view on.
I will turn my television off and unplug it from the wall for a minute and see if that works and if you don't mind I will let you know what happens, thank you 😊
0 Likes
Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
@AndrewL i have worked it out, i have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 WiFi which also has Smart View so after I had unplugged my television I tried to use Smart View with my new tablet and it worked, only my television doesn't come up on the list it comes up as Mstar Miracast, so i tried it again with my galaxy s10 and it worked but didn't show the name of my television in the list, it also came up as Mstar Miracast, so everything is working well now. Thank you for your help 😊
AndrewL
Options

@Bev54: That's great news, and thank you for keeping me updated. I'm not sure why your TV's model number wasn't showing up, but Miracast is the technology used in most Smart TV's to enable screen mirroring with supported devices, so this may be why its named like this on your Available devices list. Glad to hear that it's all up and running for you, though :smiling-face: