Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems receiving texts

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
tidalwave
Apprentice
Options

Samsung s21+5g one ui version 6.0 android 14 problems receiving texts.

Since the last update, April 15, 2024, my phone stops receiving texts. I can call and send texts but it will not receive any texts. Restarting the phone seems to be the only solution. Once I have restarted it all texts come through. I've tried clearing the cache which does not seem to make a difference. I also set the phone to restart every day at 3 am--no difference. 

Once I've restarted the phone and the delayed texts come through, it will receive texts for several hours but then stops at some point.

Exasperated.

Galaxy S21 5G 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
Try resetting your network settings first.

Settings>general management >reset >reset mobile network settings

Remove your SIM card and give it a wipe and reinsert it

Finally, contact your network provider as you may need a new SIM or some settings sent to your phone.

View solution in context

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Solution
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
Try resetting your network settings first.

Settings>general management >reset >reset mobile network settings

Remove your SIM card and give it a wipe and reinsert it

Finally, contact your network provider as you may need a new SIM or some settings sent to your phone.
0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hey there

Are you using SMS or RCS?

Which app are you using? Google or Samsung native app?
0 Likes
tidalwave
Apprentice
Options

I will try this and let you know. Thank you!

tidalwave
Apprentice
Options

I am using the Google messaging app. Messages come in SMS and some in RCS.

0 Likes
tidalwave
Apprentice
Options

It'll take a day to find out if these steps work because once the phone has restarted the texts will come through for several hours. 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@tidalwave: Please try enabling Mobile Data by swiping from the top of the screen to the bottom > Mobile Data, as this is may be required to receive messages that exceed the SMS character limit, or contain images/emojis. Furthermore, head to Settings > Connections > Flight mode > Off, followed by Settings > Notifications > Do not disturb > Off. If you are currently abroad, please head to Settings > Connections > Mobile networks > Data roaming, and toggle this option on.

0 Likes
tidalwave
Apprentice
Options

Mobile data is enabled. As I said in the original message, text messages stop coming through for several hours, regardless of character length or images/emojis. Once I restart the phone, the texts that were held up come through all at once then after several hours it hangs up again. Thank you for your response.

0 Likes
tidalwave
Apprentice
Options

It worked! I received messages all day yesterday and this morning. I did not have to contact the network provider. Thank you! 

0 Likes
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
You're welcome. Glad it's now sorted.
0 Likes