Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One UI 6.1

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
Matthew05
Journeyman
Options

Hello, I wonder when the Galaxy S21 Series will receive One UI 6.1. The S22 Series will get it in Early May and I am unsure if the S21 Series will get 6.1 in May as well. The wait has been super long. 

11 REPLIES 11
OmegaMutant
Pioneer
Options
They rolled out the update to S23 range during March, and I hear S22 will be in May.

Going from the couple of months gap between the roll outs I would assume it may be a couple of more months wait.

Just guess work. Will need to wait for official confirmation from Samsung.
0 Likes
Matthew05
Journeyman
Options

No, it should not take this long. It is likely in May for the S21 Series, the S22 will get the Galaxy AI package just like the S23 Series. It can not take a couple more months, it is ridiculous, no more boring security patches 

0 Likes
OmegaMutant
Pioneer
Options
Again, it's guess work based on current timeline of when they released for S23 and when they advising for S22 to get the update.

Ultimately, you will need to wait for Samsung to confirm the date.
0 Likes
Matthew05
Journeyman
Options

Too long of wait so far

0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
It hasn't yet been confirmed for the S21 series to receive the ui6.1 update. The models expected now are the S22, Z fold, Z flip and the tablet S8 which is due to receive it in May. The S21 may miss out. If you follow Sammobile.com site he currently issues any news regarding software updates etc
0 Likes
Matthew05
Journeyman
Options

S21 will not miss out, it's been in internal testing since January

0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
You can't be certain till Samsung confirms it like it has with the latest news on the S22 series so you have to be patient
Matthew05
Journeyman
Options

No more security patches........no more. The next one better be One UI 6.1. A Samsung Korea moderator said that the S21 Series will get Circle to Search and Magic Rewrite with One UI 6.1 in Early May (translation from Korea to English), not once they have ever missed an x.1 update, and they'll also get Android 15 One UI 7.0 and then One UI 7.1.

0 Likes
Matthew05
Journeyman
Options

I am certain, it has been in internal testing since January and the current test build ends with GXDC, it is One UI 6.1 and not anything else like 7.0. One UI 7.0 build would begin with an H.

0 Likes