Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service after One UI 5

(Topic created on: 21-11-2022 10:03 PM)
greyhound597
First Poster
Options

After updating both of the SIM cards in my phone don't work, more often than not. The text it reads  is "No Service" and there's a 🚫 sign along the top next to the battery icon.  This happens when WiFi is off and I want to use Mobile Data - so  now most of the time my phone is only usable if on WiFi.

Tried rebooting

Tried reset network settings

Tried aeroplane mode

Tried remove and reinsert SIMs

Tried deleting cache from recovery

Tried installing November patch

Any other ideas? Only thing I haven't done is a factory reset

I literally had zero issues with signal before the update - it worked 100% fine

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
TechnoLogical
Voyager
Options
I think you will have to hit with a factory reset
0 Likes
TechnoLogical
Voyager
Options
I think that maybe first go to samsung
0 Likes
jesus lara
First Poster
Options

I have this exact problem. I did 2 factory resets and still have the same problem. I tried out to T-moible and they did something on their side but its still same problem. I'm very frustrated. there is no option to revert back to Ui4. please update if you have fixed this. 

0 Likes
greyhound597
First Poster
Options
No fix yet unfortunately. There's quite a few people with this issue, it's quite clearly a manufacturer fault rather than user induced. Whether Ui5 has had an inherent bug or has killed something on the motherboard I don't know. I sent my phone to an authorised repair centre and they said the mainboard needs replacing but because there's a small crack on my screen my warranty is void. They said they do not quote for a repair outside of warranty as the cost is £1000. Lol. Samsung have offered to send my phone to another repair centre now - it went to the original twice after Samsung support told me to send it back... If they also quote me £1000 then the phone is basically a brick.

This is in addition to the blurry 1x camera issue where it won't focus. Probably my first and last Samsung unless a miracle happens.

S21 Ultra 512GB variant - honestly complete joke
0 Likes