Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moisture has been detected

(Topic created on: 09-10-2023 11:28 AM)
Gjay1974
First Poster
Options
Please can anybody help !
I'm getting the message Moisture in charging port on my S21 ultra and also my wife's s20 , there has been no water or damp near the phones. 
I've seen a few comments regarding this matter , can it be a software or hardware glitch?
Any help would be appreciated as to resolve this issue as it looks like something to do with the software as for it to happen to 2 phones .
Thanks 
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
Have you tried restarting both phones to see if the notifications will go?
0 Likes
Gjay1974
First Poster
Options
I've tried restarting both and also checked the charging ports and tried numerous cables but same issue . Would be nice to know of its a software issue .
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You should be able to wirelessly charge your phone meantime if as you say there was no water damage.

It's painfully slow charging wireless but just what it is.

Meanwhile check for any fluff in the phones charging port.

You can try removing if any with something flat and soft or a flattened toothpick. But be gentle.

Give it a week or so and see if it sorts itself out.

You could also use your wife's hairdryer to gently blow the phone from a distance.

Also could you advice which country you are from ?
As this can happen during monsoons.
0 Likes
Gjay1974
First Poster
Options
Hi I've tried your advice already thanks, I'll keep using the wireless charger and hopefully it will sort itself .
👍🏻
0 Likes
Chistery
Pathfinder
Options
I had this with one particular cable. No other cable gives the error so binned it, problem sorted.
0 Likes
kernowkensa
Journeyman
Options
Same with my A54, update glitch, they need to sort it
0 Likes
Gjay1974
First Poster
Options
Hi your right they need to sort this issue out .
0 Likes