Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it really considered an upgrade from the S20 FE to the S20 Ultra?

(Topic created on: 16-04-2023 03:19 AM)
Tyleroo
First Poster
Options

So i currently have an S20 FE 5G ( Snapdragon 865 ) but I have the opportunity to "upgrade" to a used S20 Ultra 5G (Exynos 990). I have been looking at battery tests and benchmark results and it seems to me that the Snapdragon on my current phone is quite a lot better than the Exynos. The S20 Ultra that I can upgrade to doesn't have the best battery health due to a few years of usage so I really don't know if I should upgrade, I have already bought a screen protector and case for the Ultra, so now I don't know what to do. The only reason that I would really go to the Ultra is pretty much just the camera, but even with that camera, I have seen videos comparing the exynos Ultra to the Snapdragon Ultra and the snapdragon rises to the top even if camera clarity.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
FOXY10
Navigator
Options
don't change..exynos sucks
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Tyleroo 

It's widely believed that the snapdragon soc offers better optimisation which many believe surpasses what the Exynos soc can achieve. 

I've owned various models of Samsung phone's with both Exynos and Snapdragon in and even imported a Samsung Note²⁰ into the UK from Samsung Hong Kong to try out the same model of phone with each soc in it and found the snapdragon to be better optimised.

I now use the Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra Exynos UK phone, and it's presented no negative experiences to me.

Do read the much discussed Qualcomm Snapdragon vs Exynos discussions however the Exynos has come on leaps and bounds.

Have a look at the comparison sites in regards to the two phone's.

Samsung also has a comparison chart on their help pages.

Look at YouTube reviews and have hands on at a Samsung Experience Store or Highstreet Network Store.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Midge123
Voyager
Options
Hi there I have had the Samsung s20 ultra 5g from the 15th of May 2020 and I have never had any problems with it I do like this phone alot I thought of changing for the S23 but changed my mind I don't notice phone being slow thanks
0 Likes