Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get rid of 'update ready to install' notification

(Topic created on: 01-10-2023 04:33 PM)
LarryPilkington
Pioneer
Options
Does anybody know how to disable software update notifications? I have gone into the notification settings in software update but the toggle to slide notification on or off cant be moved and is set to on so I cant remove the update ready to install notification. The reason I ask is because I dont want to download the update as I know as soon as I do I will have the green screen fault on video calls that my wife and many other samsung users are experiencing with this update. 
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options

@LarryPilkington: If you have already downloaded the update, then it sadly isn't possible to disable the installation notification. An icon will remain in your Status bar until the update is competed, and periodic reminders will pop up to prompt you to proceed with the installation. I do understand your concerns, as updates can produce unexpected issues with applications, however please be assured that they are typically beneficial, and will improve the overall performance and stability of your device.

LarryPilkington
Pioneer
Options
I guess my phone downloaded it automatically due me having it set to do so. I now have the update ready to install permanently showing in my status bar which is annoying. Dont want to install it for the reason I have mentioned. I do a lot of video calls and don't want the green screen issue other samsung users are having.
0 Likes
ALVINTUCKER622_
First Poster
Options

0 Likes
DGL27
Journeyman
Options
Easy way to get rid of it. Is do the update, and report bugs like a normal person 😂
0 Likes