Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google pay problem s21

(Topic created on: 11-06-2023 08:54 PM)
ammo221
First Poster
Options
My Google pay works then sometimes it doesn't it's very frustrating. I do the same exact thing but when I pay for something nothing happens I keep trying to tap it doesn't work. And when I use it on the bus it keeps saying try again

Any tips?
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
It might be worth you uninstalling Google Pay completely. Try going into your phone settings>Apps>Google Wallet>Storage>clear cache and data. Press back button then tap uninstall.
Then download the app again from the Playstore. I know you'll have to set it up again, which doesn't take long, but it might just clear any bug that's shown up. Make sure you've still got NFC turned on in your quick settings of course.
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I use Google pay, a lot of times every day with several payment cards. It does occasionally throw a wobbler. I think it's probably linked to issues with the NFC on the phone as opposed to the app because when it happens it affects other things like other payment apps such as sum up machine or tap card to phone to receive payments etc. There are 3 main ways which I have found that fix it. 1 Many cards allow a few taps then require a PIN No, so paying with your card and entering your PIN No fixes this for the next few taps. 2 if there is no response from the phone when you present it to the card reader, Try opening google wallet, then click on the card your paying with so it loads the card to your phone screen, then present the phone to the reader which sometimes works. 3 Do a soft reset of your phone I e press and hold the power button and volume down button together and keep them pressed until the phone goes off and restarts until you see the Samsung logo, then release the buttons, as soft rest clears everything and reloads everything so fixes a multitude of gremlins. Also always have a backup payment card with you to avoid an embarrassing situation 🙂I hope this helps
0 Likes
Catelp
Journeyman
Options
Maybe try Samsung Pay. As it is made by Samsung, I think it might work. Just try
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Phone cases and sometimes where and how you tap could affect performance. Trial and error to find the sweet spot I guess.
0 Likes