Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S21 Ultra no updates available!

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
Sabby74
Journeyman
Options

I have an unlocked Galaxy S21 Ultra and the software still says UI 4.1 android 12. I'm in the US, I have Verizon and I still don't have any updates available. I'm so darn frustrated. Even my Tab 6 lite has UI 5.1. I'm close to switching to Apple... the devil in my opinion. Lol Someone please help. 

12 REPLIES 12
Piper123
Maestro
Options
Where did you buy your device from?
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Is the phone definitely a phone from the States?
It should most definitely had the updates
Is it a phone that was carrier locked?

You could try connecting to a computer and using smartswitch to search for available updates

Might also be worth contacting the Samsung members U.S community as well. They will probably be better able to advise
Sabby74
Journeyman
Options

I got it from Samsung. 

0 Likes
Sabby74
Journeyman
Options

Is this not considered US or US included? Yes, it's unlocked and I got it straight from the Samsung Store.

0 Likes
Piper123
Maestro
Options
Which country / region?

If you want us to help, please help us to help to by providing enough info to do so.

Samsung have multiple regions across the world.
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The USA have a different setup with software updates and networks carrier support than here in the UK and EU
As you got it straight from Samsung, you should have received the relevant updates. But clearly there's some reason your phone has been not eligible.
I don't know if it's a regionally restricted maybe.
That's why I suggested that the U.S forum would be better able to help.

Have you tried the connecting to a computer method to search for updates?
Younes07
Apprentice
Options

I have literally the same issue as you but I'm from Algeria

Sabby74
Journeyman
Options

As stated in my original post, I'm in the USA. I'm in North Carolina. I'm with Verizon. I bought my phone as unlocked directly from Samsung Store. Thank you for any help. 

0 Likes
Piper123
Maestro
Options
Yes, you did say you are in the US but you didn't say in your original post where you bought the device from. You later commented that you bought it from Samsung Store.

But - which Samsung Store? I presume US but to try to answer your question we need to have specifics and at this point you still haven't been clear.

I'll assume Samsung US. Have you checked the CSC code for your device? Is it for the US or have they supplied a device for a different region which may explain the lack of updates?