Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G - No SIM & Charging overheat

(Topic created on: 30-05-2023 12:55 PM)
Members_XanRBRl
Apprentice
Options

Hello my Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G has literally just gone out of warrantee 30 days ago...

After two years of faultless daily use, in this last week I am getting issues with SIM card tray error (re-enter SIM PIN) and charging overheat, not both at the same time. When there is no issue with the SIM (tried in another phone) and the charging overheat when the phone, charger and cable are stone cold! On a few occasions had the charging overheat message when charging on NFC, and again occurs at beginning of charge when everything is cold. 

I have tried many things on these forums and others the usual tests and reboots etc, but the intermittent faults still return, sometimes after a few minutes sometimes several hours, but always several times or more per day!

I may be being cynical but come on Samsung, three weeks after warrantee expiration, and no history of any issue till now! 

Can you help Samsung?

6 REPLIES 6
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
You could try wiping phones cache partition.

Power off your device, and plug into a pc, or use a set USB-C headphones. Simultaneously press and hold the Volume Down + Power buttons, when you see the Samsung logo release buttons. Use the volume buttons to navigate the Recovery Mode menu. Use the power button to select Wipe Cache Partition. Wait for the system cache partition to clear. You can also repair apps while in recovery mode. Also good to download is good guardians in the galaxy store. Run app booster.

If you are still having these issues, it's always worth backing up your data and try a factory reset.
Members_XanRBRl
Apprentice
Options

Hello Fiona, thanks for your time replying I have not tried either if these but will give the cache go first , and I'll let you know, cheers

Members_XanRBRl
Apprentice
Options

Hello Fiona, 

After double  checking all system and apps were up to date (Play & Galaxy store) and several reboots including installing and running the good guardians. Not once during all this did the SIM or overheat message appear, I entered recovery and deleted the cache I also repaired the apps....

As soon as I booted and entered the SIM and Device Unlock codes, bam SIM tray error and re enter SIM PIN...!

I'll give this 24 hrs then back up and try factory reset, but does not look good!

Thanks

Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Have you gone to support at the bottom on the members app, and checked sim card in diagnostics, to see if any issues come up? If it does continue it may have a fault.
0 Likes
damiel
Student
Options
hi
0 Likes
damiel
Student
Options
holle
0 Likes