Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S21 keeps randomly restarting

(Topic created on: 04-02-2024 05:24 AM)
Scarecrowson
Student
Options

I have a S21 5G.  In the last month, just after a couple of software updates the phone has started turning itself off randomly.  I’ve had a Samsung doorstep technician look at the phone today, and said it was a software issue.  He handed me the phone, told that the diagnostics said the phone had shut down 24 times in the past couple weeks and that there were no hardware issues.  He said that the phone “should” be ok now.   Within 5 mins of him leaving and part way through setting the phone back up, it shut itself down and the proceeded to do this a further 6 times throughout the set up and restoring my data.

There is no rhyme or reason of when the phone shuts down, it’s no particular app, no particular function.  And now it's making it so my apps won't start. I have to Uninstaller and reinstall before they will work again.

Has anyone else been experiencing this with their S21?. 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
noodlenicknacks
First Poster
Options
Yes, searched for this and came here. Mine only seems to crash at work when I have Spotify playing in my therapy room. It's only been doing it for the last 2 months and I've had the phone 2 yrs. It must be an update issue and I'm wondering if its a planned thing to make us buy a new phone!
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Have you considered a factory reset after backing up but then set your phobe up as new i.e don't use the backup just incase there's an issue in there. 

Safe Mode  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme that's causing conflict. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate to ask.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
MamaC2
First Poster
Options

My S21 just died during the night 2 days ago. Did a forced restart, battery was fully charged but once it restarted I couldn't do anything then it froze and turned off. Took it to a store and they again could get it to force restart but it continued to freeze and turn off. I ended up reluctantly upgrading as I couldn't go without a phone and it did not seem like the issue was going to be resolved. 

0 Likes