Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GALAXY S20+ Constantly crashing after last update - Help!

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
KAMMA1
First Poster
Options

Since last samsung update which I downloaded 2/4/24 My phone is constantly crashing. Have completed diagnostics & factory reset. Help !!

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Piper123
Maestro
Options
Hey there

When did you last (have you ever?) performed a Wipe Partition Cache on your device?

Recommend you do so.
0 Likes
Piper123
Maestro
Options
1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer USBC to USBC (you may also connect to another Samsung mobile via USBC). Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
4. Wait until the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

A factory reset should have cleared everything @KAMMA1 

If your using a back up from another phone which has been moved over using Samsung Smartswitch then factory reset again, and then set up the phone manually i.e downloading your apps from the Samsung Galaxy Store and your MyLibrary in your Playstore. 

You can ask a Samsung Service Centre to assess your phone too. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate to ask.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Yazbash
First Poster
Options

Hi KAMMA1,

Have you had much luck with the above? I too have had the same restarting issue following the latest update. 

Phone has been factory reset, setting up as a new phone without any apps installed. The phone would still restart. Sometimes the phone would restart multiple times before even showing the Samsung logo on boot. However, if I go into Safe Mode, the phone doesn't crash at all. This is with no extra apps installed outside of the firmware defaults.

0 Likes
KAMMA1
First Poster
Options
Yazbash - Nothing seems to work. Took various advice, which seems to be to wait for the next monthly security update patch to come thru & hope this rectifies the problem. I'm really hoping this is very soon as the last one I did was on the 2nd. Although extremely frustrating & stressful, I'm gonna hold my nerve re this. If not, then I was advised to either have new software installed, which makes it like a new phone or cut my losses & upgrade my phone ! ??????
0 Likes
KAMMA1
First Poster
Options
I've posted an update. Forgot to do it via Reply . Hope it helps
0 Likes