Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Focus enhancer

(Topic created on: 24-04-2021 06:52 PM)
Gaz
Apprentice
Options
Does anybody know how to turn on focus enhancer on the s21 ultra? It appears to be missing on my phone. 🤷‍ 
8 REPLIES 8
Mr_Nobody
Explorer
Options
Hi it's comes and goes since April update the camera has things missing and broken like the 3x & 10x optical which is now since April update digital by main camera digital zoom. It pops up now & again the enhancer will but not seen it pop up, once or twice since April update before it was there now well just like how optical is fighting the main camera have to switch a few times before it even works, so I wouldn't be surprised if the focus enhancer is broken. Sorry can't help nor will Samsung as I reported the digital zoom take Priority over optical and they told me nothing was wrong so good luck trying to get Samsung to sort it out.
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It comes on automatically .

In your main camera If you go close to a subject two yellow circles should pop up once they do then you have option to turn it off or on.
White means it's off, yellow means on.
"WI-FI went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family.
They seem like nice people"
Joeeye
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Focus enhancer only applies to 12MP mode and at 1x zoom. When you place your phone within a certain distance of your subject, an icon will appear in the lower left corner of the screen. I believe it may be enabled by default, but can be enabled/disabled by pressing that icon (yellow indicating its on). Also note it does not require scene optimiser to be enabled.
0 Likes
Gaz
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for the replies guys, i know how it works and where it should be but for some reason it's just disappeared and the camera in general isn't as good as it was was when the phone 1st came out .
0 Likes
Joeeye
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Sorry to hear, unfortunately I have the exact opposite experience with mine. The latest update has improved my camera and features better than ever in all modes.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I would try a 'wipe cache ' and 'optimise apps' in the same menu at the bottom after you wiped the cache.
"WI-FI went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family.
They seem like nice people"
0 Likes
Gaz
Apprentice
Options
Tried that, still no joy
0 Likes
SmallFish
Helping Hand
Options
Not discernible improvement to image quality with April update. 😞
0 Likes