Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual sims both stopped working S21 ultra

(Topic created on: 09-11-2023 07:36 PM)
soleilombre
First Poster
Options

I can't access the sim card manager or mobile networks at all on my phone! It doesn't recognize sim cards. I get no mobile signal any more.

I have an S21 ultra dual sim. I was traveling internationally and had the sim 1 slot turned off in the sim card manager so I didn't incur roaming charges. When I landed home I opened the sim card manager and turned off the sim 2. Normally this automatically turns on the other sim card. But it flipped out and exited the sim card manager. So I effectively have both sims turned off and get no mobile signal at all 😞

I tried to reload the sim card manager but when I tap it, it either does nothing, tries to enter the sim card manager and then exists before it can load anything, or gives me an error message related to call settings. The only way for me to load the sim card manager is to take both sim cards out. Otherwise it won't load it it gives an error.

Note: I hadn't opened the tray to swap physical sim cards in about two weeks.

Does anyone know what's going on or how to get my sim card slots working again?

Things I have tried:

- Multiple resets

- swapping out sim cards

- swapping which sim card was in which tray

- doing a reset in all network connections

- booting into safe mode

Anything else someone might be able to suggest to fix this issue?

10 REPLIES 10
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@soleilombre could try  these steps in following order.  Turn  off the phone and remove sim cards, Clean the sim cards  and tray with a dry cloth and reinsert the sim cards- ensuring they are properly inserted and restart the phone.   Are you able to test the cards in another phone?  

However are any errors when you check the Diagnostics, Samsung Members-Support-Phone Diagnostics-Sim cards.   You may need to contact your Network,have your Device inspected.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

If the sim cards work fine in another phone which would rule them out as the issue then the next steps wpuld maybe a back up and factory reset and or letting a Samsung Service Centre have hands on @soleilombre 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
manboy
First Poster
Options
Does my Samsung S20 support wireless charging
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@manboy: Yes, the Galaxy S20 supports 15W Fast Wireless Charging.

0 Likes
s4msungsarecrap
Student
Options
Mines been having the same issues since July 2023. There's no network unless I update it. Which is stupid cause how is a phone meant to update bugs and fixes without network connection.

Samsungs used to be the best phones out there now their phones are losing its value.

0 Likes
Raul40
First Poster
Options

Did you have the issue solved?

I have the exact same problem, I  tried everything.

0 Likes
Members_yCV2s3p
First Poster
Options

I'm traveling and I have the same issue.

Did you find a fix for this?

0 Likes
Miri22
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue. I am travelling and installed eSIM. When I switched off my main sim card, the sim card manager crashed and now I can't access the sim card manager anymore. I did the latest update, nothing works.

0 Likes
Denyah_
First Poster
Options
Did anyone ever fix this? I've even switched to esim with no luck 😞
0 Likes