Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disability issue needs fixed

(Topic created on: 17-06-2023 12:40 AM)
ColinK2
Student
Options

On S20 with OS13 when user presses power button to waken screen it goes dark again in under 1 second, often before the user has swiped (to get to PIN screen or Home Screen).

Fir disabled users, those with dexterity issues or anyone trying to do this with one hand, this needs a timer option.

An easy fix.

Support has confirmed this time out cannot be adjusted and to post here “where our Development team will take on board any comments you choose to leave.”

Development team, please comment so I don’t have to chase this via UK and EU disability law.

Thanks Colin K

2 REPLIES 2
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
Have you tried changing the Display screen time out. In the Display settings.
G G
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@ColinK2: I'm sorry to hear that this feature is causing some issues for you. Having looked into this, the lock screen timeout time does not appear to be connected to the timeout time that is assigned in Settings > Display > Screen timeout. For me personally, the lock screen times out after around 5 seconds, which I appreciate is little quick for users with mobility issues. 

As a troubleshooting step, please can you try heading to Settings > Advanced features > Motions and gestures > Double tap to turn on screen (On) > Keep screen on while viewing (On). The latter will use the front camera to detect your face, and keep the screen on while you swipe to your PIN screen. If the screen does timeout, you may find it easier to double tap the screen, as opposed to pressing the Power button, to turn it back on. Let me know if this helps.