Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive phone calls

(Topic created on: 18-03-2023 02:39 PM)
bullboy
Apprentice
Options
Everytime my Samsung S20 does a system update I cannot receive phone calls. I restart the phone and reset networks l, this allows me to make phone calls but I cannot receive calls. The only thing that works is putting my phone back to factory settings and starting over! I did a phone update 2 days ago and now I cannot receive calls!? Anyone else have this issue? Or how it can be solved?
8 REPLIES 8
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Have you sent error report to Support?
0 Likes
bullboy
Apprentice
Options
Yes
0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
It's worth checking your SIM card give it a clean or request a new one to make sure the one in the phone isn't on its last legs. Hope this helps
bullboy
Apprentice
Options
Already done all that and got a brand new sim. It's everytime it does a system update
0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
Ok was just a thought, it's a strange one that. I know in the past networks could send you configuration texts to reset your call and message settings in the phone and sim but not sure if that is an option any more. It could be a glitch but I think your phone might not be picking up a setting or getting a bad setting from somewhere. If it were me I would take out the SIM card, clear all the phones cache and reset the phone without the SIM, then put in the SIM to see if the phone picks it up i.e so it does it from scratch, not sure if it would work but hopefully it could help the phone put the relevant settings in the right place maybe clutching at straws
bullboy
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for your help
0 Likes
bullboy
Apprentice
Options
No it wipes the password out so it cannot connect to WiFi until you put the password in
0 Likes
bullboy
Apprentice
Options
Just a standard samsung phone
0 Likes