Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not hard reset my Samsung S21 Ultra

(Topic created on: 24-11-2023 10:04 AM)
Craigshaw1969
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I gave my daughter my old Samsung S21 Ultra and she has reset the password then gone and forgotten it.  So I tried to hard reset it but it does not work.  I even let the battery die and then tried to reset but no luck.  The phone is not set up in developer mode.  I read somewhere that if I remove the battery inside that would reset.  the issue I have with that is that It wont be water proof any longer and in the past I have taking phone apart and replace screen but it so much hassle.  Is there a way to connect to computer and reset through software, or another way. please?  I have searched high and low on the internet and all I get back is hold down the on button and the up volume which does not work for me.  

thanks you so much for any help 

Craig 

9 REPLIES 9
Lord_Shiva
Voyager
Options
Press the volume button and press the switch on the button sometimes for a 30-second. Your phone will go into safe mode. On screen, you'll find hard reset
0 Likes
Craigshaw1969
Journeyman
Options

Hi yes thanks  I have tried that  before does not work.  need a computer connection or another way.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Craigshaw1969  You can reset via password via Find My Mobile on other Device but would need to have set up Remote unlock previously.  https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/how-can-i-unlock-my-galaxy-device-if-i-forgot-the-... 

can Factory Reset via the Recovery Menu (it wipe wipe Data though) by following steps:

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. Wait until the Android system recovery menu options appear.

Wipe Data/Factory Reset is  one of the options as shown here https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-s21/recovery-mode/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Fantastic
Pathfinder
Options
If your daughter has a Samsung account she can log you out of it and she can then log herself in instead but she will need to back up all of her stuff on her old phone and then she then needs to get a simcard took to eject the simcard from her old phone and then she needs to uses the same tool that she used to eject the sim card from her phone she then needd to see if you both can find the little hold that fits the sim card eject tool and then gently push down and it should pop out, but before you do that back up your Google account too and your Samsung account too so then you can transfer your daughters data from her old phone to her new phone with Samsung smart move app but before you do any of the other steps that I have mentioned you need to settings scroll down and go down to general, click on that and then go to rest and in that setting there is a factor rest option but you will be required to in put your Samsung account password hope that helps
0 Likes
Craigshaw1969
Journeyman
Options

Hmm, ok just looked at this.  Im pretty savvy so I dont need to worry about her back up stuff as I set her phone up to all of that to Dropbox.  So I can hard reset no issues.  she has her old phone.  Not sure if she has a samsung account.  I tend to skip that stuff which I know now is silly.  will try and remote wipe though with Fine devise on Google with here account.  and will try all other stuff once a I get a chance and get back to you thanks everyone. I hope one of theses things work. 

0 Likes
Craigshaw1969
Journeyman
Options

Thank you for all of your suggestions and unfortunately none of them work.  The standard hold Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key does not work I have tried maybe 50 times to do that now.  I even let the phone go flat for 5 days and tried that and nothing.  just boots back into the phone.  No Samsung account so I can not remote wipe.  As for Google My Device  thats not an option either as it says this "Before you can use Find My Device, you must have an active Android device"  so that is not an option either.  so I'm back to asking if there is any other way please,  Is there a hidden reset button inside the phone?  Failing that not sure what I can do.  

0 Likes
Craigshaw1969
Journeyman
Options

Ok I shall have to take this to Samsung as I presume no one else has a solution for me.  does any one have a great email for Samsung that has Reponses back on?  

0 Likes
Neto_laconchinchina
First Poster
Options

This is the right procedure: 

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/tutorials/topic/settings/external-factory-reset/device/samsung/gala...

Basically what it is: power off the phone, press up volume button and hold it, press power/bixy button until android logo appears. Release up volume button when menu appears. With the volume buttons choose whipe data/factory reset

0 Likes
Suec1
First Poster
Options

Additional/important step : To connect to headphones/computer with the C-type cable. 

Hard reset procedure + connect to the c-type cable

0 Likes