Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery decreasing

(Topic created on: 21-10-2023 08:14 AM)
Izawolfla
Explorer
Options
I already announced that before 3 days ago but the battery life is getting worse from there. After a software update that I didnt ask for did 4 days ago it was a security update from like July 2023 my battery have been decreasing a lot. I tried the Partition cache like someome asked me to do but apart from my storage being less my battery health have just became worse. My battery status says its normal though. I have a new software update and I dont know if I should do it because that software update that did automatically drained my battery a lot. Overnight without wi fi my battery has draines 8 percent which it would usuallt drain like max 4 percent. I searched up on YouTube and some people on the comment section said that they have the same issue after that security update (I got a Samsung S21 FE) but the video was in hindi. Anyway I really dont know what to do from there. I dont wanna do a factory reset because backing up data will take a long time and I dont have much storage left on my google photos. Can someone please help me what to do from there, I will literallt cry. I havent spent 500 Pounds for it to not work after a year. My Samsung Galaxy S4 even survived longer then that. 
0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
Piper123
Maestro
Options
Our devices do ever more and we demand more and more from them. This uses battery power.

Sometimes an update is released and, depending on the Apps the user has on their device, battery drain may increase or decrease. Samsung Developers investigate and if there is an issue, try to fix. But remember, every user has their own requirements from their device and it is not possible for any manufacturer to make it 100% spot on for every user.

If you have a further update to install, I would recommend you install it and see if it helps.
Piper123
Maestro
Options
Also be advised that batteries do degrade over time. You mention you've had the device for a year but it depends on how you use it. My S23 Ultra has screen on up to 10 hours a day so battery use higher and degradation likely to be quicker than someone who only uses it for an hour a day.
Izawolfla
Explorer
Options
I understans but it was after a Software Update I didnt want and when my phone was on Android 12 it was fine. I saw some people also arguing after the same update and the same model which I find weird
0 Likes
Izawolfla
Explorer
Options
Yeah I will probbaly do another software update and I get jt cant be 100 percent. It is just annoying that I know nobody else even someone with an A series experiencing that problem and A serieses arw so much cheaper. But I dont like the A series
0 Likes
Piper123
Maestro
Options
Updates are there to improve your device and most importantly update to the latest security patches.

Saying you didn't want the patch - are you saying you don't want your device to be secure (with all the issues that would bring)?
Izawolfla
Explorer
Options
Yes because I had no problems being on Android 12 and the moment I got Android 13 it was a problem 😭👍 Software updates do help at times, it helped me with an error but I dont wanna update because of battery issues which I literally have rn. But I did update the software and Obviously Ima not test it now because it just updated but Ima wait a few days
0 Likes
Izawolfla
Explorer
Options
Thanks so much for helping bro
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Complete the software update
Izawolfla
Explorer