Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App opens 404 error page

(Topic created on: 05-09-2023 03:59 PM)
Wildekat
Apprentice
Options

I am trying to open an app that doesnt open on my phone . When i press the app , it opens an internet page error message 404 . Now i know the app works as it is working on another phone .
I tried
Restarting the phone
Updating the phone and the app

Deleted and reinstalled the app

Cleaning cache for app and of internet explorer
Internet is working great on everything else
Battery saver is off.

I am using samsung s21
I would really not like resetting my phone .

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
Ray42
Voyager
Options
What app is it?
0 Likes
Wildekat
Apprentice
Options

My bank app

0 Likes
Ray42
Voyager
Options
Try deleting the app then clearing the system cache, as described here: https://help.republicwireless.com/hc/en-us/articles/115012054968-How-to-Clear-the-Android-System-Cac... . If that doesn't work I'm out of ideas!
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Wildekat  Are both phones on the same Android version, if different could be issue with the app on that version.   It would be advisable to clear the cache partition(different from clearing cache of apps)  This deletes the temporary files but your Data is intact. Follow these steps:

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. Wait until the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

You can also repair apps from the same Recovery Menu.

otherwise you could contact your Bank, send error report to Samsung.  To send error Report go to Samsung Members-Support-Send Feedback-Error Reports.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
When in situations like this I would normally go into the app settings of the offending app, storage and clear cache and clear data. Then uninstall app. After that re download and install the app which will ensure a clea install of the latest version without clutter left behind by the old app. Wiping cache partition on phone also helps in case the issue is with the phone. Only problem with clearing phone system partition is it doesn't clear cache within apps, if you clear both it ensures a clean install. Hope this helps
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Sounds like app is now been discontinued
0 Likes
Wildekat
Apprentice
Options

No still working and without it , i cant reach my bank

0 Likes
Wildekat
Apprentice