Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

another POSSIBLE FIX for s21 random freeze? help me test? (it has worked for me for at least 5 days by now)

(Topic created on: 12-06-2023 01:11 PM)
sapphire5
Apprentice
Options

hello guys, so im the one who posted the possible fix on the other thread. so my s21 ultra has been freezing up randomly, which ended up restarting. i fully updated my phone but it hasnt been fixed. so far, what has worked for me now, after updating everything was:

settings > battery and device care > battery > background usage limits 

turn off put unused apps to sleep

so far it's really fixed. (hopefully for good) if you're out of options for your phone, why not try this? to other people... try this out please and let me know? thanks! :smiling-face: 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
Il be honest with u I had s21 5g back in early June 2021 I had freezing issues but it could of been bad unit batch.

I used s21 plus until this year may now got s23 5g regular
0 Likes
sapphire5
Apprentice
Options

maybe you're right, maybe you're not. but for the rest of us who're still stuck with this phone and have to make do, maybe the setting i suggested can help? 

to be honest, the issue seems to be more widespread than it seems. a lot of complaints suggests that it's not just from one batch. it's just that... it's been awhile since the s21 series, which is why most have accepted their fate or changed to other phones. to people who are still looking for solutions, try this please and let me know if it helped you?

Ls318
First Poster
Options

I find this thread today, because my Samsung galaxy s21 ultra just started freezing, and takes forever when trying to search online, in app, and even in my phones hard settings. Yesterday, I replaced our home Wi-Fi modem, go I naturally thought that  was the issue. But no other devices are having this issue, and we have at least 10 others on our network. And my internal phone settings /options are freezing as well.

I've tried both your suggestions, it's been about 5 minutes. I'm going to power my phone off and see if that helps. I'll update if there are any changes. Thank you for posting these suggestions! 

0 Likes