Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All sims work except 3

(Topic created on: 10-09-2023 03:55 PM)
MelissaS21FE
Journeyman
Options

Samsung galaxy S21FE

My phone has been rejecting my three sim for about a month now. I had a text message saying - work was being done in my area and I may have some network issues- and since then my phone works on every sim other than 3. I upgraded my phone 4 months ago. I pay £44 month for unlimited data, calls and sms. And since that text message my3 sim will only let me make emergency calls and won't let me use data because its not 'connected to network' i have been unable to use any of paid data,minutes and texts for a month now. I spoke to so many different people on the live chats and got discounts on my bill however they won't change my contract even though somethings wrong with my phone. They sent me a new sim and it works in other phones but not my phone. I try any other sim in my phone that isn't 3 for example I have an 02 sim in and everything works fine no issues what so ever.

I've spoken to a  man who worked for the network setting department. He gave me a bunch of codes to put in my dial pad, at didn't work because it kept saying 'connect to network'. He disconnected and reconnected my network setting and that didn't work. I even tried to call this man's phone and it didn't work. We spent an hour and a half on the phone to one another trying everything he could possibly think of. He rang me on my partners phone and told me to do a bunch of different stuff and did everything he could on his end. He then gave up gave me a discount on my next bill and sent me to a three shop. I went to a three shop they said they're baffled and can't do anything and to go to samsung and pay for it. I  was on live chat to a man in the managemnt team who said they can't change my contract. I've spoken to a man in the cancellations department and he said he couldn't change my plan until 2025 or I pay a £700 upgrade fee. 

I have been passed from department to department and no one knows what's going on but no one has the power yo chmage my contact? I honestly cannot explain what is going on with my phone but no one will help me. I'm happy to stay with 3 to pay for just the phone and I'll get a different sim. But they want me to keep paying £44 a month for an unlimited sim that physically  doesnt work in my phone. I tried to set up an esim and thought that would solve my problems but my phone doesn't support esim yet

#three #S21Fe #help #sim

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MelissaS21FE
Journeyman
Options
Update - took me 3 months but turns out it was an IT issue on threes end and there was a problem with my account- took them 3 days to fix it and they had to make a new account. Got compensated for my three months.

View solution in context

15 REPLIES 15
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
Have you tried your 3 sim in a different phone. If it works I'd reset your phone back to factory settings.

If the sim doesn't work in another phone ask 3 for new sim card.

Keep flagging this with 3 till you get it sorted as 3 should not be charging you for your airtime plan till it's rectified.
0 Likes
MelissaS21FE
Journeyman
Options
The 3 sim works in other phones. They've sent me a new sim and that worked in other phones but not my phone also. I will try resetting to factory and let you know
0 Likes
TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
Have you checked your network settings in your phone? For example auto connect to network?
0 Likes
MelissaS21FE
Journeyman
Options
Yes I've tried this - if I don't set it 3 network and I use auto. The auto says its unable to find network
0 Likes
TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
Have you tried changing it to 5g instead of lte? Have you tried removing your O2 SIM and just using the three sim alone?
0 Likes
GothicGeisha
Navigator
Options
What network was the handset purchased on?
Has it been PAC unlocked to allow use of a 3network sim?
0 Likes
GothicGeisha
Navigator
Options
Next time u post pics, block your phone number off.
0 Likes
MelissaS21FE
Journeyman
Options
Tried both of them. Doesn't work with three by itself either
0 Likes
MelissaS21FE
Journeyman
Options
Thabk you. I dint realise
0 Likes