Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

After updating to UI 6, having erratic signal strength and issues sending and receiving calls

(Topic created on: 23-12-2023 11:07 PM)
Members_5kyPvfz
Apprentice
Options

I updated to UI 6 a few days ago but have then had major issues making and receiving phone calls.

Based in UK on EE network

Phone has been completely fine until the moment I updated to UI 6.

When making a phone call it will either timeout trying to connect or will only connect after about 20-30 seconds.

People are not always able to get through to me when ringing. They receive long wait on their end and then it will either timeout or it might connect.

It's showing erratic signal strength on the phone, which it never did before.

WiFi calling no longer works which I desperately need!

I've seen a few people say they have resolved WiFi calling by doing a factory reset, but sorry no, that is not a fix! 

Also many have said they have tried the factory reset and it doesn't make any difference.

This is a poor show from Samsung as clearly this update has been rushed.

Just look at the amount of complaints in this forum.

This needs sorting as so many people essentially now have a phone that can't be used as a phone!

Please get this sorted asap and release a fix for this!

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Piper123
Maestro
Options
Hey there

Sorry to hear you're having issues. One UI6 was certainly not rushed (look at the numbers of posts where people were complaining how long it took and still takes to arrive).

I would recommend the following:

1st: Reset Network Settings.
This won't delete your data but you will have to re-enter any previously saved WiFi and other connections.

A number of users have said this has fixed their connection issues (your network APN should update at the same time) but not all.

Also note that the. S21 has a beer poor modem (Samsung 5123b) which has been widely reported as being poor and in my view should have been recalled.

2nd: Perform a Wipe Partition Cache on your device. Again you won't lose data.

3rd: once 1 and 2 above are done, reboot your device.

All being well hopefully things will be somewhat better for you. 👌

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Solution
Piper123
Maestro
Options
Hey there

Sorry to hear you're having issues. One UI6 was certainly not rushed (look at the numbers of posts where people were complaining how long it took and still takes to arrive).

I would recommend the following:

1st: Reset Network Settings.
This won't delete your data but you will have to re-enter any previously saved WiFi and other connections.

A number of users have said this has fixed their connection issues (your network APN should update at the same time) but not all.

Also note that the. S21 has a beer poor modem (Samsung 5123b) which has been widely reported as being poor and in my view should have been recalled.

2nd: Perform a Wipe Partition Cache on your device. Again you won't lose data.

3rd: once 1 and 2 above are done, reboot your device.

All being well hopefully things will be somewhat better for you. 👌
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I personally prefer to turn off WiFi calling.

As you mentioned it can be erratic and I noticed this on 5.1 as well.

I prefer good old mobile signal.
Members_5kyPvfz
Apprentice
Options

Hi Piperdog,

Thank you for your answers on this.

So I performed a "Reset Mobile Network Settings" on the phone, followed by a Cache partition wipe, and it's now working! Thank you 🙏

I only had to do the "Reset Mobile Network" option which meant I didnt lose my current WiFi and Bluetooth connections, which is really cool!

Also WiFi calling is now working again 👍🏻

Thanks again for helping out with this. Just a bit of a pain in the butt when you don't expect you have to do these manual resets after an update.

It would be good if maybe Samsung could automatically include a mobile network reset and Cache wipe as part of the install process as it will save people time and hassle trying to sort afterwards.

Cheers

0 Likes
Piper123
Maestro
Options
Fantastic news to hear you're all sorted. Hopefully you can enjoy your device in all it's glory now 👌.

Have a wonderful 🎄
0 Likes
tam1953
Navigator
Options
It seems like theres a lucky few who seem to be happy with ui6
Sadly I'm not one of them and reading back posts I'm not alone.
Why buy an expensive phone with a OS that doesnt do the job, ?
Kinda like buying a car with only 2 wheels,
Ive always loved samsung phones so it hurts to say this, but, UI6 is complete garbage
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The FWLR version I believe is a bit better than the previous FWK something version.

I have the FWLR version which was just released last week.
0 Likes
srgare08
First Poster
Options

I tried all those options a Nd got nowhere... I'm going on over a month with my phone not working as a phone... This is ridiculous that I can't use my new phone and have to go buy another one... Might have to get a google phone.... They might have better service 

0 Likes