Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3g or 4g

(Topic created on: 02-10-2023 03:33 PM)
Members_I5fmeL8
First Poster
Options

Hi - My recent shop purchase was for a Samsung certified pre-owned S9+  mobile phone and case.  I was told by 'Tech House' (Thurrock, Lakeside) shop manager the phone was 4g. (I later found out the S9+ was discontinued in 2022 with no further software updates)

In the phone settings: Connections > mobile networks > network mode its: LTE/3G/2G (auto connect) when I tap on it, I get      LTE/3G/2G (auto connect) (with a tick)                                                                                                                                                         3G/2G (auto connect)                                                                                                                                                                                         3G only                                                                                                                                                                                                                    2G only

Therefore this phone does not appear to be 4G compatible. Please confirm.

As I can only get LTE 3G on my phone, I am concerned with 3G shutting down in early 2024 that my Smart phone will only be able to make receive calls and texts! and will no longer be a smart phone.

My phones SIM is an EE 5G (backwards compatible with LTE 3G

Regards....... Bryan.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
bruunduun
Navigator
Options
LTE is 4G

But yeah a phone with no security updates isn't the best thing to have anyway
keith30
Maestro
Options
I would have thought the S9+ was 4G I had the S8+ before I got my S22ultra and it was a 4G network. But the S9+ is rather old now so I don't think it has anymore security updates.
0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It is 4g

Simply have the tick on the LTE/3G/2g and the device will pick up the strongest available signal at the time.
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
LTE is only 4g by the way.
0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Like others though, any device no longer getting security updates is a no no for me.

If you use your device for financially sensitive stuff like banking, do not use that device.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Check to see if it a copy or fake Chinese version as there a few out there or go to your settings and check the serial number phone samsung and if they have no record of the device then its a fake or download device hardware info and cpu-z and if they give you different software versions then it's a fake one I'm afraid 😨
0 Likes
ynneL
Troubleshooter
Options
As someone who has owned the S9 series I can 100% confirm it does support 4G
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
It sounds like he bought a fake s9
0 Likes