Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

When out of UK - how to keep to this community?

(Topic created on: 16-06-2023 06:34 PM)
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Hi all,
Based on my previous experience, when I go out of the UK and insert a local sim of that country, I get automatically disconnected from this (UK) forum 

So how can I keep to this community from wherever the world 

Ta 👋 
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@IndiW You would need to access the community via the Web version.  https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/english/ct-p/uk?page=1&tab=setting%3Asamsung.featured_topics 
I have a feeling you asked this before.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

View solution in context

12 REPLIES 12
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
At the moment for the EU I'm lucky my current SIM includes EU roaming, anything outside I just go cheapskate and settle free WIFI.

Did not realise the SIM region affects this app.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@IndiW You would need to access the community via the Web version.  https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/english/ct-p/uk?page=1&tab=setting%3Asamsung.featured_topics 
I have a feeling you asked this before.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Thanks friend

Yes it does (unfortunately) I was in Sri Lanka a few months ago and changed to a local sim and my member App automatically connected me to Sri lankan forum

I want to find a method to add the web link of this forum to the app
👋
Neo001
Legend
Options

Hi Indi, the only way currently available is to login via the web.

The restrictions on the Members app should be removed and member should be allowed to pick a community.

Samsung has created communities per country/language/region... which also leads to funny combinations or exclusions. Some example that I know of -

Nordics is one region with english as the language and sometimes local languages.

Flemmish part of Belgium has Dutch community while the Fench part is merged with France, I think.

While Malta, where they don't speak Italian, is clubbed with the Italian community.

While I understand that creating country/language specific communities makes it easy for the users to easily participate and the local communities can deal with local flavour of products in an efficient way, there are also successfully managed and popular global communities like Google, Apple, Spotify, etc.

Samsung should look into the possibility of creating a global community of Samsung Members, or at least not restrict the members (via the app) to a particular community based on the SIM card.

My 2 cents 🙂

Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Thanks good to know mate.

Have you ever tried eSIMs, I thought the idea was we would all move away from physical cards.

I recall a friend went to the US I think and purchased an add on e SIM, might have been Apple though.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Wow thanks soo much for taking your time and giving a full explanation, 👋Tc
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
James... I salute you for your memory 👏.
Yes I did, I thought time may have changed things, it seems not the case.

Again thanks for your advice.
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Unfortunately, where I was Esim was not available 🤔.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

It is only possible via the web currently as @Neo001  explains.  could  add a Bookmark in Browser though it may not be ideal.