Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart View stopped finding my TV, how can I troubleshoot this?

(Topic created on: 28-02-2023 05:31 AM)
The_Zealot
Student
Options
So yesterday I was elated to discover that my S22+ worked fine with Smart View, and I was able to connect to my 2018 Panasonic 55FZ802B just via Wi-Fi and mirror the phone's screen!
Today I went to do it again, and my TV just doesn't show up at all. My neighbour's TV still does! 
The only difference? For some reason my wife turned the TV off on the TV's power button in the morning, she probably didn't know where the remote was. 
Everything seems to be working just fine on the TV, YouTube works fine, there's no indication of any issue. I don't have Chromecast. 

So how do I troubleshoot this? I need advice please. 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Kathie1404
Pathfinder
Options
Did you mirror directly from your
phone to tv? If so you could try through an app? There are a few apps out there that can help. Miracast for one.
I know it's probably an obvious thing to point out but TV and phone are both using same wireless network? Hope you get it solved, so frustrating when this happens
woodlouse
Helping Hand
Options
When this happened to me I updated my tv to the latest firmware and it worked again.
0 Likes
The_Zealot
Student
Options
I checked, it was already on the latest version anyway. It's not this.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@The_Zealot  Ensure both phone and Tv are on latest software, restart both Devices. Other connection methods  detailed in this article,Panasonic may not be compatible with Smart Things though. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/tv-audio-video/what-is-screen-mirroring-and-how-do-i-use-it-with-... 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes