Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should samsung ditch microsoft

(Topic created on: 18-02-2024 08:59 PM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Should samsung go fully with Google as when buying a samsung phone you have to also sign up for a microsoft account to sync photos why don't they interlink with Google then get rid of the microsoft apps then it would be the perfect phone 
16 REPLIES 16
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hey there

You have choice.

You don't HAVE to sign into a Microsoft account, but you can if you choose to. Most of the world lives on Microsoft so that is why it is offered. Many users also like to use OneDrive.

Google have their equivalents of.Microsoft products and you are free to use them. Me? I use Google One and back up to Google.

However I have also signed into my free Microsoft account for Excel, Word etc.
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yeah. Been requesting them for over 3 years now.

Google is better than Microsoft for photo backups and stuff.
Star_girl
Hotshot
Options
Tbh I like Microsoft, its the best app for creating all kinds of files and I used to it since forever, it looks the same on a phone as on a computer. The only problem that bugs me is that you have to pay for every app and it's digging at my pockets lol
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Google ones are free if you get Google one it covers everything bar youtube
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
How much you pay for your microsoft apps
0 Likes
Star_girl
Hotshot
Options
I just paid £59 for a yearly subscription. Microsoft promised it's cheaper than paying monthly and they have some improvements thus year. 🙈
But there are also some Google play payments and £10/month for Spotify if you want books and downloads for when you are offline, I gave up Kindle and Audible now that I have Spotify but I am still paying for Amazon Prime and you get alot of stuff from them plus movies, Netflix also wants money, I gave up on it last year but now I am giving it a trial but I think I will quit again. Everyone wants to pay for their services, almost nothing comes for free, it looks like they don't care they eat up at your pockets for offering entertainment. They give deals very hardly and even those you can't feel that you got something for free after being a long time customer and if they give a deal they will cut off some features so where is the deal anyway?
0 Likes
Star_girl
Hotshot
Options
I will research into that I believe Google extended alot but I don't fully know what they can offer atm
0 Likes
UNKNOWNUSERNAME
Big Cheese
Options
posting piracy links is against members TOS, highly recommend you to delete this.
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Done
0 Likes