Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Wallet and more

(Topic created on: 29-03-2024 04:10 PM)
JGV
Apprentice
Options

I love Samsung phone, but I have to use Google Apps instead of Samsung because every time I want to move from Google services to Samsung services I discover some issues. I wanted to use Wallet from Samsung rather than Google Pay, but.... I live in Spain so Samsung allows me to add my Spanish card only. Why? I'm from the Czech Republic, I work in Gibraltar which belongs to the UK, I need flexibility. This is not a problem for Google, but Samsung doesn't allow me to add Czech Debit Card or Revolut, because these are not Spanish banks. We live in 2024, people travel, live in different countries, use international financial services. Why is this a problem for Samsung?

I also wanted to use Samsung gallery instead of Google Photos. But there is no integration. There is from Samsung to Google, but not the other way around. 

Another thing - Samsung apps such as Messages or Phone don't allow me to use any other source of photos than Samsung Gallery. Why I can't access Google photos from there? Annoying, so I have to use these apps from Google. 

Last bit,  I wanted to use Bixby on my phone instead of Google Assistant as I have a smart home from Google and when I say "Hey google" both the phone and Google Home are confused who I actually talk to. But... Bixby refuses to cooperate with Youtube Music. 

These are little annoying things, which just push me away from using Samsung apps and maybe even Samsung itself as Apple offers this. With Samsung I have to have every single app twice, because these from Samsung can't be effectively used so I have to have same apps from Google again. I can have this for a significantly cheaper price from Chinese brands. 

#Wallet #bixby 

5 REPLIES 5
Neo001
Legend
Options

Totally agree with you. Many apps are region locked.  Samsung Members app is another example.

Just today read an article on Android Authority on Samsung apps.

https://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-apps-poll-results-3429710/

And this one on Google Photos integration - 

https://www.sammobile.com/opinion/samsung-gallery-google-photos-integration-needed/

Star_girl
Hotshot
Options
Tbh Google wallet is more popular, I haven't met a shop yet where on the card machine appears the Samsung pay logo. The other ones I don't mind, I use the one that is more advantageous for me, I don't look much at who owns it, but it's gotta be a reputable brand, I wouldn't hand my details just to anyone.
0 Likes
JGV
Apprentice
Options

I tried Samsung Wallet and its more secure as it allows you to pay after finger print only and you only have 50 seconds to pay. It also has more things to add to the Wallet. Sadly, if it's not international, it's useless for me. 

0 Likes
JGV
Apprentice
Options

The poll is a bit sad. What is the point of even developing them when people don't use it. I tried them because of the new AI features, but again hit some limitation and mostly went back to Google. 

0 Likes
Neo001
Legend
Options

I use a mix of Samsung and Google apps, but don't like the idea of duplicate apps which cannot be removed.