Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung vs Google Pixel - Action pictures and portrait mode shutter speed

(Topic created on: 22-07-2022 04:33 PM)
Ququka
Pioneer
Options

The samsung camera app does not handle movements of action pictures well at all. I know there is a PRO-mode, but why does a Google Pixel handle this so much better automatically? Already a walking person in interior conditions seems to be a problem on Samsung phones. It would be good to optimize the shutter speed. Or add a feature to capture action pictures also in portrait mode?

3 REPLIES 3
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I don't know what you mean and it depends upon what you are trying to achieve. If you want a movoment shot to show movement you should be panning the subject. If you want the subject to be still you will need a high shutter speed. You will need more light for this so may have to ramp up the film speed (ISO). It's all there in the Samsung but the more complicated something is it can be hit or miss whereas the Google camera is just point and shoot which is always a compromise because you lose control over what you are trying to achieve.

Ququka
Pioneer
Options

Thx. But I'm not looking for control, I'm looking for a good compromise. Google Pixel (even older models) do that so much better than my brand new Sammy... I guess that is why there are workarounds to install GCam on other devices than Pixel. Why does Samsung not offer a "point-and-shoot" mode in their camera app?

More technical: Samsung Portrait uses shutter speeds of 1/25 where a Google Pixel in the same condition uses 1/100. Just a child that is unwrapping a present seems already to be too difficult for the Samsung Camera app tot capture sharp and clear. Such a pity. 

0 Likes
wez01
Student
Options

Agreed, especialy at 10x. Should change shutter speed for light and/or movement. The iphone captures clear shots every time. With 23 ultra need to take 10 shots just to get 1 clear one.

0 Likes