Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung software

(Topic created on: 28-01-2023 02:00 PM)
Paresh521
Apprentice
Options
Hi, 

My first post on here. So I've always had an android phone just never a Samsung one up until about 2 years ago where I decided to change it up and got an iPhone. 

Got bored of the iPhone and wanted to get back into android and I got a Samsung laptop. So I got hold of a A33 5G (for free) so I made the switch back. Everything transferred fine other than WhatsApp 🤬

The software experience hasn't been that smooth, some features like always on display and wake up notifications from lock screen are not there which is annoying.

My question - is the software experience on the A33 different to S22 ultra?

Ultimately I want to get the new S23 ultra when it gets released but I am wondering if there any software features that are different?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Firstly it's great to see you here 😀

There will be differences between the S22 Ultra being one of the top of the range phones to the A33.
The basic android and One Ui experience will be similar.
But you get more features the higher up the phone range you go.

There will be the not just the software differences, but hardware as well. Difference in materials, S Pen etc

The transfer of WhatsApp unfortunately is down to the App developers. Why they don't make it easier to go from ios to android, and back the other way I don't know.

Best thing is if you pop into a Samsung Experience Store or any store that has the phones and actually use the S22 Ultra.

With the S23 range being announced next week. Deals with the S22 Ultra will be starting now.
Paresh521
Apprentice
Options
That's great to know, I think the biggest feature I am missing is the screen lighting up when I get a notification.

On the flip side, it works seamlessly with my galaxy laptop
0 Likes
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
That feature does not exist on Samsung phones as far as I know although I would guess it's possible with a third party app.

I'm not sure why this feature has not been implemented as I've seen a few people asking for it for a while now. Personally I don't care to have it as I use the AOD and it would annoy me to have my screen turn on to every notification but it wouldn't hurt to have it as an option for those who would find it useful. Maybe they will introduce it down the line but who knows. The probably haven't been enough interest in the feature for Samsung to consider spending their resources on over others.
Paresh521
Apprentice
Options
Agree. Basically it does the same as the AOD. Which I learned the A33 doesn't have.
0 Likes
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
Yes, that's the downside with the A33.
0 Likes