Samsung pay on gear s2

(Topic created on: 29-10-2017 11:24 AM)
Gk1
Journeyman
Options

Screenshot_20170828-162339.png

Screenshot_20170828-162422.png

Screenshot_20170828-162446.png

Who else is getting sick of Samsung's excuses?

95 REPLIES 95
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Yours is a question I've seen before previously. 

Samsung won't typically comment on future plans. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Gk1
Journeyman
Options

With all respect, it shouldn't be future plans. Every person who purchased the gear s2 in the UK at the time was sold it based on a number of features, one of which was the ability to pay for items with the hardware that we bought (costing for most people in excess of £200) now we are 2 years in the future with the s3 on the market (which has Samsung pay functionality)  and an s4 on the horizon. One could almost defend samsung initially by saying the contracts were in place with the banks. But that is no longer the case, does Samsung not have an obligation to now insure that those who were promised samsung pay in 2015 are given what they payed for without futher delays. 

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Gk1 wrote:

With all respect, it shouldn't be future plans. Every person who purchased the gear s2 in the UK at the time was sold it based on a number of features, one of which was the ability to pay for items with the hardware that we bought (costing for most people in excess of £200) now we are 2 years in the future with the s3 on the market (which has Samsung pay functionality)  and an s4 on the horizon. One could almost defend samsung initially by saying the contracts were in place with the banks. But that is no longer the case, does Samsung not have an obligation to now insure that those who were promised samsung pay in 2015 are given what they payed for without futher delays. 

Hi,

I only recently purchased a Gear s2 classic so I'm not aware of the feature that was promised to people in 2015. 

For clarity can You link or Copy and Paste what was said to every person. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
BuzzCola
First Poster
Options

It always makes me laugh when the 'we don't have any information' one gets trotted out. You are customer support. It's your job to find out!!

0 Likes
Jason4
First Poster
Options
Totally agree with the posts above. I'm very frustrated that US users have Samsung pay on their version of the Gear S2 so why can't it be enabled in the UK?!
NigelAyres
Journeyman
Options

@Gk1 wrote:

Screenshot_20170828-162339.png

Screenshot_20170828-162422.png

Screenshot_20170828-162446.png

Who else is getting sick of Samsung's excuses?

I agreed. This is totally unacceptable. I also bought based on the promise of Samsung Pay as nfc is built in. 

I will be pushing for a return of my gear S2 based on mis-selling. The fudged responses from Samsung only make things worse. 

Ashton
First Poster
Options
I feel your frustrations l have gear S2 as well And still no gear pay and their marketing states otherwise this is deceiving...to get you to buy then left
0 Likes
BuzzCola
First Poster
Options

The salt in the wound is that pay is available in other territories showing that this is not a technical issue with the watch or even the lack of a working firmware. I think it's really poor especially given the publicity that this feature received. I also think it's strange as you'd think it would be in their interests to get as many people using the Samsung Pay platform as possible? In any case it really irritates me watching other people paying with their Apple watches!

0 Likes
SteveS2noPAY
Student
Options

I upgraded from a previous gear for this feature. As it is still not available I think I will claim under the warranty or go to the small.claims court. I am sure if we all filed a claim that Samsung would pull their finger out. Might even contact the press as BBC RIP off Britain would love this storey.