Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung has got to stop with their bloatware notifications!

(Topic created on: 24-12-2023 02:19 PM)
Randi03
Journeyman
Options

Every single day, or every few hours I get a stupid notification regarding their bloatware. It's either device care letting me know some useless information, or enable "find my phone" or sign in to samsung cloud, or samsung smart things. Seriously, enough is enough. I want control over my notifications. I'm tired of constantly having to swipe these off. What can be done? Some of these apps will not even let you uninstall them or remove their permissions. It's such an infuriating os.

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18
Piper123
Maestro
Options
Hey there

If you go to Settings and then Notifications, you can turn notifications off at an app level.

So if you don't want Find my Phone notifications (for example,) then you can turn them off.
lance78
Voyager
Options
Have you tryd turning of customisation settings1703433439181.jpg
0 Likes
Randi03
Journeyman
Options

Hello, customization service is indeed set to off and if I go to settings, notifications and choose system apps, these particular apps that I have a problem with, don't have a tick next to them. I need to put alerts to silent mode and notification types to "not allowed" , which is a bit more tedious and I am not sure if it will work. I will wait and see. Thank you for your suggestions. 

1000011807.jpg

0 Likes
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
Why don't you just enable what it's asking then? I must have in my settings somewhere and I don't get any notifications at all!
0 Likes
Randi03
Journeyman
Options

Because I do not want to use samsung cloud services or any other apps they want me to use like find my device etc. I'm perfectly happy with what I have installed. Anyway, so far so good. I have gone into every app's notification settings and modified then to silent and turned all I can off. It's just bothering me that they greyed out the option to turn off all notifications for their proprietary apps and you have to manually access their notification settings and turn all you can to off or silent. 

1000011901.jpg

lance78
Voyager
Options
This could help1703523214097.jpg
0 Likes
Randi03
Journeyman
Options

Oh brother. Here we go again... Another notification to keep my phone safe...

1000012257.jpg

This is all I can do. 

1000012258.jpg

0 Likes
lance78
Voyager
Options
Try in your Samsung account I am able to turn it if in my account
0 Likes
lance78
Voyager
Options
Are you able to find it under apps and uninstall it1703897969621_1703897969584_0.jpg
0 Likes