Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A54 / Whats app & Family Link / no photos permitted

(Topic created on: 25-07-2023 12:54 PM)
Truth80
First Poster
Options

I bought a #Galaxy A54 for my 11y old daughter and installed and Family Link for the parental control. On the A54, under the settings/Apps/Permissions the "Camera" and "Photos and videos" are set to "allowed". If I try to attach a photo to a #Whats app message it requires to go to "Settings/Permissions and turn videos on" and does not allow to send photos and videos.

I also controlled the restrictions on my mobile, on which the Family Link is in use. Under the "App permissions" all buttons (incl. camera) are set to "allowed" so she should have all permissions to send videos or photos.

I tried to update the Samsung operation system, re-install Whats app, restart the handy, delete her What´s app account but nothing worked, she gets the same message. I installed other chat applications, they all work (she can send photos) the problem perists only with Whats app.

Does anyone have any idea what I can do?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
keith30
Maestro
Options
Who's account is she under, to use what's app you have to be over 16+ within UK and Europe
Truth80
First Poster
Options

I see, she has her own account and her friends in the same age can send photos. I allowed her via Family Link to download the app and everything works apart from the photo attachments...

0 Likes
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
When you click the paperclip icon in the WhatsApp message do you see the gallery option for photos?
0 Likes
Truth80
First Poster
Options

No, the message pops up to change the settings. But they are changed already.

0 Likes
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
Have you tried deleting her from the family link app and then try again in the message, to see if the issues is with Family Link or WhatsApp?
kkkkk1234
Apprentice
Options
Hh
0 Likes