Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

QuickShare - Has it ever worked?

(Topic created on: 07-03-2024 08:31 AM)
SteveyJ
Pioneer
Options

As above really.

I have an S24 Ultra now, had an S23 Ultra before that, and trying to send stuff to a Tab S9 Ultra but it just thinks about it for a while before it fails. Tried from both directions and both do the same thing. It didn't work from the S23 Ultra and now I think about it I don't think I've ever actually seen it work.

I've tried clearing cache etc etc.

What is the actual issue with Samsung that they can't make it work? #QuickShare

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SteveyJ
Pioneer
Options

Rather embarrassingly I've just figured out the solution.

NordVPN. It needs to be set to make the device discoverable on the local network.

Nothing to see here 😂 

View solution in context

11 REPLIES 11
GuzziBoy
Voyager
Options
Hi, Ive got the S9 Plus and S24 Ultra and my wife has the Flip 4 and all work first and every time. I assume you have set the Quick share settings on all devices. Plus initially at least use the same WiFi and the same Google and Samsung accounts.
0 Likes
SteveyJ
Pioneer
Options

All set correctly as far as I know. The fact it's been the same between different devices makes me think it's an account issue but I don't know what it could be. 

0 Likes
GuzziBoy
Voyager
Options
Have you heard of Sakitech on YouTube. Have a look at his channel videos, hes just done a QuickShare on linking to windows 11 but also has previous videos on phone to phone quickshare. you can also ask him questions. Also would it be out of the question to create new google and samsung accounts
0 Likes
SteveyJ
Pioneer
Options

Not a chance I'm creating new accounts.

Just had a look at their channel but nothing jumps out for it not working.

0 Likes
Solution
SteveyJ
Pioneer
Options

Rather embarrassingly I've just figured out the solution.

NordVPN. It needs to be set to make the device discoverable on the local network.

Nothing to see here 😂 

GuzziBoy
Voyager
Options
Im truly perplexed, as I say mine just worked and I use it a lot. Something is stopping it connecting obviously. Cant think of anyhting else at the moment, if I think of something as I use it I'll get back to you. Good luck.
0 Likes
GuzziBoy
Voyager
Options
Ugh yes, I use IPVnish but not all the time and not when I'm sharing
0 Likes
SteveyJ
Pioneer
Options

It's on all the time on my tablet so I forget it's there, where it's been as long as I can remember 🙈

0 Likes
GuzziBoy
Voyager
Options
Hi, I've just tried it with my VPN on and it did exactly the same as you experienced. Just kept trying to connect. So I went into my VPN settings and allowed local network and low and behold it worked. Proof is the attached came from my phone and I'm texting to you on my tablet. Thanks I've learned something myself today. cheers.1709805105473.jpg