Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permanently delete option missing in Gallery

(Topic created on: 4 weeks ago)
Farren316
First Poster
Options

Did you notice that Samsung removed the option to permanently delete photos from the gallery? Now, deleted pictures go to the recycle bin and take up space for 30 days before they're automatically deleted. It's especially annoying for Expert Raw photos because they're so large. Before, we could choose to permanently delete or send photos to the recycle bin, but now that option is gone after the update.

Am I the only one who finds this irritating? I hope Samsung brings back the option to permanently delete photos from the gallery in a future update. It would be much more convenient than having to go into the recycle bin and manually delete photos or wait 30 days for them to be automatically deleted.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Robin999
Maestro
Options
It's a safeguard. Welcomed by many, I would imagine.
0 Likes
Farren316
First Poster
Options

In the settings menu, we had the option to either permanently delete photos or send them to the recycle bin. But now that option to turn that on is not there anymore. I always kept that on

0 Likes
Robin999
Maestro
Options
Introduced way back in UI 6.0. Sorry that was like over 12 months for me 🙂
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
You can delete the items in the Recycling Bin just by holding down on one of the photos and then clicking the select all option that appears at the top. Here's me just deleting the contents of my recycling bin just a second ago but with my photos blacked out.Screenshot_20240514_194405_Gallery_1000003772_1715712553.png
0 Likes