Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modes and routines error

(Topic created on: 06-08-2023 10:43 AM)
webprodson
Pioneer
Options
I have a routine that starts a smart plug when a message appear from a specific app. For the past 3 weeks it suddenly doesn't work anymore and when I go into the Modes and Routines app, I see a message saying "couldn't perform this action because another operation is preventing it" 

What other operation???
-----------------------------------------
Phone: S23 Ultra / Tablet: Tab S8 Ultra / Watch: Watcg6 Classic 47mm
15 REPLIES 15
AndrewL
Options

@webprodson: Please can you take a look at the troubleshooting steps provided in the link below to see if this helps?

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01109777/

If not, try checking the SmartThings app itself to see if the outlet has any active routines or automations that might conflict with your Modes and routines settings. For further information and support, please take a look at the link below. 

https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-gb

0 Likes
webprodson
Pioneer
Options

Thanks Andrew. I've already tried many of these but to no avail. 
Quick question: If I completely reset my SmartThings Hub, will I lose all of my routines (both in the smartthings app and in the Modes and Routines app)? 
Will I have to recreate everything? 

Thnx

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@webprodson: I have looked into this for you, and the online guide states the following, "Removing the hub will restore its factory settings. All device connections, Routines, Scenes, configurations, and Services associated with that hub will be permanently deleted. All devices connected to your hub will have to be reset or excluded before they can be reconnected."

0 Likes
webprodson
Pioneer
Options

ok yeah so I won't do that. 

Ok, so none of the troubleshooting steps are relevant or work here. 
What is the next step to solve my issue pls? It should work since the smart plugs are Samsung ones!!! 

Members_tSLWTyA
First Poster
Options

Same issue here. Had it a while ago, stop for a few months and yesterday it started again. Nothing has been changed in the modes nor smartthings, completely random! It is extremely frustrating as I rely heavily on this and it's such a random issue that has no apparent reason or fix. 

s8n
Student
Options
Any uptate on above. Same issue. Resetting is not an option.
0 Likes
webprodson
Pioneer
Options

For me it disappears by itself 🙂

s8n
Student
Options
Fixed itself, haven't done or changed anything. 🤷‍♂️
Alan Shum
First Poster
Options

Restarting the phone resolves the problem, but I don't find daily restart option available on One UI 5 anymore, so I need to restart the phone manually everyday.

0 Likes