Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modes & Routines Bugs After One UI 6 Update

(Topic created on: 25-11-2023 01:46 PM)
Kanoobi
Explorer
Options

I've seen some bugs in Modes and Routines since installing the big One UI 6/Android 14 update on my A54 5G. The most annoying is to do with wired earphones. I have a routine to play music as soon as I plug in my phones, and it stopped working. On investigation I found the trigger of wired phones being connected or disconnected doesn't do anything. Also, the media volume routine that allows you to set volumes for phone speakers, wired phones and Bluetooth doesn't affect wired phones. I use old earphones with a jack plug and an adapter to connect them to my USB C port. When I plug them in, my phone's volume levels all change to correspond with different levels for connected phones, as they should, and I can still adjust the volume manually. I've been using this routine for ages, I use wired phones because these particular ones fit under my motorcycle helmet for the commute home.

I've managed to create an alternate routine that gets triggered when I turn on a Mode. But I hope this issue gets addressed soon.

Also, just recently, a few days before the One UI 6 update, SmartThings doesn't work with location based routines. For example: 'If I am at home, then turn on the light'. Or, 'If I am not at home, set location Mode to away'. Things like that are not currently working.

This is why I get concerned whenever SmartThings or Modes and Routines gets an update lol. I hope they can fix them soon.

16 REPLIES 16
Members_1XJNFrQ
First Poster
Options

The same issues here + Telegram, WhatsApp, Instagram and Messenger has a real incompatibility between the apps & new update 6.0

The main issue: there is no audio after you record audio messages, even when you restart the phone, clear cache...stop...reinstalled..keeps going on the same problem, no audio after recording audio messages.

I'm repetitive because it's annoying! To the work flow is horrible.

Samsung A54 5g

Carlosg74
Apprentice
Options

Same problem here, after UI 6 update audio messages  in aprox 50% of cases, cant record audio.

Members_nmQzFoI
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same problem on WhatsApp if i send a voice note the other person hears no sound its blank, and only when i re-send it does it then work, so now I'm checking each time i send a voice note, and 9/10 people say i didn't hear your 1st voice note or why did u delete a message, and I have to explain to the

Eyeda
Student
Options

Hi I'm having the same problem rn.. was wondering if u could fix it? If yes, how😭

SmarterPhone
First Poster
Options

On samsung s20 with one ui 5.1, observing issue mentioned (routine started when bluetooth device is paired,  whilst the condition is device connected 

Retried with bluetooth OFF and still the mode gets activated 🐽

0 Likes
Carlosg74
Apprentice
Options

No, no luck allready.

I'm waiting for an update from Samsung,......

0 Likes
Masterbaker
First Poster
Options

I've got the same problem. No audio in my voice message on both FB and TG. 😠

Eyeda
Student
Options

I did this and apparently it's fixed now

reset your phone's settings at below path:

Settings > General Management > Reset > Reset Settings

nmgA54