Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintenance Mode-Device Care

(Topic created on: 14-11-2022 04:59 PM)
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Bringing this to attention in case Some Members are unaware. The new Maintenance Mode within One UI 5.0 protects privacy when for instance it is being sent for repair . Personal Data cannot be accessed , only preinstalled apps are available. Some information here https://www.xda-developers.com/one-ui-5-maintenance-mode 

Whilst the article takes about the S22 it is also available on my S21 Ultra.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

4 REPLIES 4
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
One of the handy features of the new software
robd1
Voyager
Options
Is it an essential tool or a sign that more phones will need returning? Being a pessimistic optimist I'm opting for the former.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@robd1  I would say it is a useful tool and a valuable privacy protection.  Advisable to use if needing a repair.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Beta22
Voyager
Options
I'd say this is a very useful feature. Last year I accidentally smashed the screen on my device and needed to send it in for repair. As a precaution to safeguard my data, I had to factory reset the device before sending it. Maintenance mode would have been a lifeline if I had access to it then!