Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Hey Google not working on S24 ultra!!

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
Abhi1991
Explorer
Options

1000007448.jpg

Every time I make ," Hey Google and voice match" settings, it fails and gives the error.

It worked fine for first 2 or 3 weeks and then this week it suddenly stopped working. I have deleted my other Google account, deleted assistant history, deleted cache, disabled and force stopped apps and restarted phone. Nothing seems to work

HELP !!

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Abhi1991
Explorer
Options

Someone shared this with me on reddit and this worked for me too. Please try.

1000004817.jpg

View solution in context

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
Settings >Google >settings for Google Apps >Search Assistant and Voice

Try retraining the voice match model. Failing that delete voice match data from all devices and set it all up again

1715300065260_1715300065253_0.jpg
0 Likes
Abhi1991
Explorer
Options

Have tried that many times 🥲

0 Likes
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
Does the Assistant work in general? Does it open without error by swiping up from the bottom corner of screen.
0 Likes
Abhi1991
Explorer
Options

When I click on the assistant app, then it opens and it does whatever I tell it to do, I just asked it why it does not respond to hey Google, it said "it's because it's not programmed to recognize my voice on this device".

So then I try to program it again but of course does not work. I have tried to program hey Google and Voice match many times now. 😢

0 Likes
MV-B
Apprentice
Options

Same problem here, drives me crazy... 😩

jcolgan2412
Apprentice
Options

Same issue here on my brand new S22. Trying to train turn on Hey Google, but when after the training i get error "Sorry, something went wrong". Tried clearing cache, uninstalling Google app updates, so frustrating.

Screenshot_20240514_164213_Google.jpg

Abhi1991
Explorer
Options

Talking of frustration: I talked to a samsung expert on samsung website. He told me to reset device. So I Backed up everything and then factory reset the phone and then Reinstalled everything. Spent hours logging into many apps.

It still did not work, even during set up as a new device(because phone was factory reset), I got same error.

So f*****g frustrated. Can it be a ground to return phone?

jcolgan2412
Apprentice
Options

I guess we just have to wait until it's fixed (hopefully) in the next update. I've been using routines+ in the meantime to have assistant launch when long holding the side button. Would much prefer to get Hey Google working though 😞

0 Likes
seefeelie
First Poster
Options

having the exact same problem on a brand new s24u

very annoying