Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gallery face recognition

(Topic created on: 02-12-2023 12:51 PM)
bruunduun
Navigator
Options
The "people" section on the gallery app has reset and no longer recognises new faces. It is stuck on 4 people with very few photos in them being recognised. Anyone know how to trigger the app to rescan over all photos for people? As I really like being able to see all photos of a person at once.
10 REPLIES 10
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I believe you need to give it permissions for contacts and maybe even turn ON the customisation feature under gallery settings.
bruunduun
Navigator
Options
Both are already turned on
0 Likes
lewilaptoper
First Poster
Options
Have you managed to solve this?
0 Likes
bruunduun
Navigator
Options
Sadly not
0 Likes
Members_ifraRU3
Student
Options

Any luck mate? Contacted Samsung a month ago about this and they said I'd get a callback but I never did. Need to chase them about it but imagine it'll be as useful as first contact. 

bruunduun
Navigator
Options
Not really no
It did randomly rescan like a quarter of all my images the other day so there's some people saved now but I hadn't done anything to trigger it.
0 Likes
Mat86x
Explorer
Options

I have same issue on my s24 ultra. So expensive phone and basic future is not working. But thankfully w have AI! <sarcastic>. My phone recognized 4 faces with few photos and that's it. 

0 Likes
A15E9E
Apprentice
Options

Same issue here. Tried to contact Samsung and they always reply with a scripted text avoiding g the issue. 

Have seen several posts and the moods just feing ignorance.

This is a wonderful feature, but what good if is does not work anymore not Samsung care about it? Even more with the new AI features they are promoting. This is just absurd. 

Broken_Heart
First Poster
Options

My S24U 1Gb has face recognition, people, I have stories in my Gallery. But I can't enable it on my wife's S24U 512, no people and stories. Personalization and all permissions enabled. What's wrong?

0 Likes